ScotGrad can help you put your talents and graduate qualifications to work in the real world and provide you with that all-important stepping stone into your future career.
The idea is that you join a company or social enterprise to complete a short, well-defined project, lasting up to a year.
You match your skills to those employers are looking for and, following a competitive recruitment and selection process, you will be able to make a real impact on a small or medium-sized organisation. You'll earn a minimum salary of £16,000, or the pro-rata equivalent. Plus, you may have the opportunity to attend a graduate training programme - another valuable addition to your CV and a way to deliver a better project for your placement employer.
The projects cover some of the most cutting-edge sectors in Scotland, like renewable energy, life sciences and information technology.
Smart companies in Scotland are always looking for new ideas, ways of working and new energy.
Since 2010, over 500 graduates from 23 different countries have already had the satisfaction of making their mark with various projects across Scotland. Many of these led to permanent jobs and 75% of graduates on our programme go on to graduate level employment after their placement.
Take advantage now, and who knows where your placement could lead you.
Graduate placement projects
What kind of things could your project be about? From experience, the companies we deal with are interested in challenges like these:
- Designing and developing a whole new product or service, or adapting one for an overseas market, e.g. for an engineering business, a food producer, a tourist attraction, or a social enterprise.
- Developing new business processes and getting them up and running, e.g. internal communications, accounting systems, ordering/purchasing systems.
- Strategic marketing plans, target marketing and market research. This might include development or research of new international markets, exporting a product or adapting it for an overseas market. A foreign language might be very useful.
- Using ICT and e-business more effectively, to improve business performance. Not to mention sorting channels like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Improving environmental management.
- Developing effective human resource policies.
As you can tell, these are all projects that could have a real impact on the business. You'll definitely be challenged, pick up valuable work experience and have real responsibility. Many of our placements are in small to medium size companies, but no matter where you work, your efforts will be clear to see.
Why not read the stories about successful placements and decide whether ScotGrad is for you.
Who is the programme open to?
If you are interested in the placements ScotGrad offers, here are a few things to keep in mind before applying.
- You’ll have to be university degree-educated (or above), or have an HNC or HND qualification.
- There’s no age restriction, though you must have graduated in the past four years, without a permanent job at a graduate level for more than a year since.
- You can come from anywhere in the world.
How do I apply?
Visit http://www.scotgrad.co.uk/graduates/placements and apply directly online for each vacancy.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or phone 01463 244 332.
Telephone: 01463 244332