- Contact: Meritxell Padrisa
We are currently looking to identify a suitably qualified or experienced fish health and welfare professional with strong foresight and organization skills to undertake the role of Health Manager for Upper South Mainland & Small Isles.
The main responsibility is to control the health of our stocks in your aligned region, which includes the following key tasks:
- Arranging the health management and monitoring of stocks and required sampling.
- Routine health visits to sites.
- Take care of site's compliance with regards to any and all health matters.
- Carry out full and proper investigation into any health problems on-site.
- Expectation to participate and positively contribute towards decision making with respect to regional health issues
The successful candidate should be a sharp individual, with good understanding of production needs, and ability to solve problems in a practical way. This is a challenging post which involves a lot of field work and a small amount of office-based tasks. Candidates should be willing to travel around sites and work in unfavourable weather conditions.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Fish Health and work closely with the corresponding Area Manager for the region, as well as the rest of the Health Team. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an aptitude for working independently, have the ability to apply common sense, motivate and train site staff, as well as an ability to proactively participate in fish health decisions.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine or Fish Health Biology.
- The ability to prescribe in the UK is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience in the aquaculture sector is desirable, but enthusiastic graduates are also welcome to apply.
- Good knowledge of fish physiology and pathology.
- As extensive travelling is a feature of the job, a current driving licence is essential
We do expect hard work and commitment – you must perform well under pressure, deliver to deadlines and never, ever let standards slide; but in return we offer a competitive reward package, a great place to work, and an opportunity to progress your career in a global, well-respected organisation.
To apply for a role with us, you must be eligible to work in the UK and be in possession of a driving licence.
Please note, we reserve the right to close this vacancy or keep it open subject to volume and quality of applications. We would therefore encourage candidates to submit an application as soon as possible. If you would like to discuss this position before uploading your covering letter and CV please feel free to contact us on; +441397715068 or email for more information.