- Sector: Transport, Logistics and Distribution
- Specialism: Customer Service, Freight Forwarding, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Location: Aberdeen
- Company Car, Bonus Scheme based on acheivements
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Terry Collier
- Reference: TC/ABZ 0236
LV Shipping Ltd is a successful freight forwarding, logistics and transport company with 10 offices in the UK and over 30 offices worldwide, involved in all modes of transport and shipping. Established in 1921, the LV Group has an impressive track record of major project contracts in the oil & gas, petrochemical, energy and mining industries.
We are looking for an experienced and proven sales executive to join our team in Aberdeen in order to further develop our business opportunities both locally and further afield.
The key responsibilities for the Sales Executive will be:
Targeting new business
- Building close and effective working relationships with a network of contacts within Air Freight, Sea Freight, Contract Logistics, Freight Management, Warehousing and Customs Brokerage
- Identifying and qualifying new customer opportunities
- Exceeding their personal new business target / budget
- Developing and broadening relationship with existing customers
- Maximising sales penetration within each customer by selling the complete range of services
- Reporting directly to local Aberdeen Branch Manager and UK Sales Director
- Maintain detailed daily/weekly reports of activities
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures
- Aberdeen based, but covering Scotland as a region
- Scope to play a wider part in our global sales activities
The successful Sales Executive will be results driven and have the industry knowledge to understand customer requirements/problems and create solutions with the aid of the team.
The Sales Executive will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of selling freight forwarding, logistics and transport services within the Aberdeen area.
- A detailed knowledge of the local market in Aberdeen and surrounding areas, especially within the oil & gas industry.
- Proven track record in new business development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database maintenance.
- Willingness to undertake travel.
- An open and likeable personality with honesty and integrity.
- Autonomous approach with a positive 'can do' attitude.
No Recruitment Agencies Please.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.