- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 543838200
Job Title: Facilities Workplace Assistant
Role Type: Perm
Working Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Facilities provides premises and workplace support services including the acquisition, disposal, management and maintenance of its portfolio comprising in excess of 1.4m square feet in 22 locations and support services including the provision and management of accommodation, catering, vending, mail delivery and collection, records management, switchboard and directory services, reception, hospitality and meeting room support, health and safety compliance and physical security.
As a Workplace Assistant, you will be operating as part of a team that support all services provided within the remit of Facilities to our people and our clients within a specified location(s).
- To work as part of the Workplace Scotland Region team supporting all offices in this region but with primary responsibilities for levels 6 – 8 of the 123 St Vincent Street office which incorporates Tax Centre of Excellence (headcount circa 180) and Managed Services (headcount circa 400). This may require occasional travel to other offices within the Region and elsewhere in the UK.
- To assist as required in the organisation/coordination of client events/training courses (including meeting room set-up), review after each event and share learning points/what worked well with Workplace Coordinator.
- To respond effectively to general enquiries from internal and external clients, contacts and suppliers. Provide information to all management levels as required. To undertake any other relevant Facilities related admin tasks or ad hoc projects which might reasonably be expected to fall within the scope of the position as directed by the Workplace Assistant Manager.
- To provide a focal point for all Facilities related queries originating in the office.
- To act as a pivotal point between building management at 123 SVS and staff in terms of building, KPMG Tax CoE and Managed Services operating procedures, and ensure these are in harmony at all times. Closely manage shared spaces to ensure fair usage across all three floors.
- To ensure both KPMG’s ISO27001 security requirements and those of Managed Services’ clients are adhered to at all times, conducting regular audits and addressing and escalating any points of tension.
- To ensure all KPMG’s compliance requirements (including hosting audits) are met at all times.
- To manage and maintain the building access control key fob register in accordance with joiners and leavers, so that access is demonstrably controlled at all times.
- To market Facilities and the Operational Excellence Hub by providing a first class service both internally and externally, thereby raising the profile of the community and improving Facilities’ impact on the Firm’s expenditure.
- To produce information for monthly reporting/operating metrics and support and contribute fully to OEH’s Process Improvement agenda.
- To work with key suppliers on site and audit as required to ensure all services provided meet the required standard. Raise jobs via the internal Concept system and Servicedesk to ensure timely reporting and completion of reactive tasks.
- To assist the Head of Regions and Workplace Coordinator to ensure adequate Facilities arrangements are in place at each office, liaising with the Service Manager team as appropriate. This will include planning, organisation, and the monitoring of procedures, specifically in relation to the following service contracts:
Staff catering (where available) and vending
Client services and hospitality, including meeting room support and audio visual services
Mail and courier services
Confidential, general and recycling waste management
Plants and landscaping
Furniture removal and storage
Health and Safety/Security/Environmental accreditations
- To read and understand the requirements of the Facilities Health and Safety policy and the procedures relating to the job.
- To conduct sample monitoring of contractor activity to ensure maintenance of safe working procedures, and record as appropriate.
- To support the Firm’s ongoing accreditations, conduct monthly workplace health and safety inspections, fire safety checks, cleaning audits and any other policy or statutory activities as required, and provide appropriate guidance to staff.
- To complete the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course or current equivalent.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Educated to GSCE level (or equivalent) standard including English and Maths.
- Able to set clear objectives, maintaining consistency, stability and enthusiasm while demonstrating judgement and decisiveness.
- Effective delegator and motivator who is capable of working as a member of a team, is self-motivated and accountable.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel required, PowerPoint would be an advantage.
- Attentive to detail and able to work within strict deadlines.
- Suitable representative of the Firm in dealing with suppliers.
- Good understanding of the Firm’s structure and business activities.
- Able to demonstrate the Global Behavioural Capabilities required for the grade.
- Able to demonstrate the KPMG Values and Attributes.
• To have relevant experience in a Facilities related role, ideally within a similar large organisation would be preferable.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.