- Sector: Accountancy
- Location: Kirkwall
- Range of additional benefits included
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Amanda Spence
- Reference: 10341037
As a non-profit organisation with charitable trust status the £15m Pickaquoy Centre in Orkney is recognised as a first class sports, arts, conference and social facility, offering an excellent range of activities for all ages and abilities to enjoy.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller is responsible for managing the day to day running of the finance and administration function including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, inventory and fixed assets.
The role will require a highly motivated qualified accountant with relevant experience in a similar position. The ideal candidate will have experience of budget preparation, excellent attention to detail and have a track record of delivering high quality results. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to step up, develop their career or to make a difference to this successful, innovative and dynamic organisation.
As well as a competitive salary the position also hosts a range of other enticing benefits:
• Local Government Pension Scheme – employers contribution of 17.6%
• SHAW breaks: opportunity to extend unpaid ½ hour lunch break for a further ½ hour (paid), in order to exercise up to 3 times per week
• Free use of facilities following 6 month probationary period
• Cycle to Work Scheme after 1 years’ service
• 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 after 5 years with an additional day from years 6-10, giving a max entitlement of 38 days after 10 years’ service
• Enhanced company sick pay 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay – linked to length of service
For a confidential discussion, please contact Nigel Fortnum or Gayle Williamson at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
For more information, full job description and to apply visit:
Closing date: 8 April. 2019
1st Stage Interview Date (skype interview possible if required) - Friday 19 April 2019
2nd Stage Interview Date (in Kirkwall, Orkney) - Monday 29 April 2019
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.