- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Location: Glasgow
- £39,689 to £49,611 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 025762
Job Title: Licence Governance Manager (Senior Technical Specialist)
Business Unit: IT, Procurement
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Salary: £39,689 - £49,611 DOE (plus great benefits)
Employment Type: Full time, Permanent
Our Licensing and Software Currency team are responsible for the governance of various licenses installed across the bank’s server / desktop / HVD and VDI infrastructure. Daily this team use a number of license management tools to provide this service (ILMT for the IBM software and SNOW for the Desktop and VDI). They’re an incredibly busy team and as such we’re seeking a talented individual to join us as a Licence Governance Manager. We’re on a really exciting journey at the moment, so if you’d like to join us, then read on…
As Licence Governance Manager, we’ll ask you to support license governance across the business, providing information and assisting teams to aid with design and costs whilst promoting cost savings. If you’re looking for a role where you’ll get to work with lots of customers both internal and external then this could be for you. You’ll collaborate with other License colleagues, third parties and stakeholders to ensure that change within this environment is managed and controlled. We’ll ask you to keep an audit of Proof of Entitlement across the licenses and governance across software deployments.
Day to day you will:
- Provide strategic direction to the team using relevant tools and platforms.
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to colleagues to aid learning.
- Seek new ideas and solutions to help shake up the way we doing things.
- Review project requests and provide license and infrastructure information, making recommendations using ILMT and Snow reports.
- Attend Technical Definition Workshops (TWD) to contribute to project design at an early stage.
- Communicate designs to the team and ensure detail designs are fed back to the Infrastructure Designer.
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders across technology, the wider business and third party vendors and resellers such as IBM / Microsoft / Oracle and Veritas.
- Engaging regularly with suppliers as per Supplier Council guidelines.
You’ll bring to the role:
- Experience of License Management Governance e.g. SAM practises and terminology.
- Experience of successfully managing third party vendors such as IBM / Microsoft / Oracle.
- An ability manage multiple priorities in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- The ability communicate, keeping it clear and straightforward as you naturally influence and drive change in a collaborative manner.
- A passion for data to analyse and interpret statistical information.
- A delivery focused mind set keeping the customer at the heart of all you do.
- The ability to manage difficult situations.
Now for the techy part:
- Experience in variety of technologies across Server / Desktop /HVD and VDI.
- VMware – Cluster setup /ESX server infrastructure / VM deployment awareness across both RHEL and Windows.
- Unix – Awareness of Physical and Virtual Infrastructure – Covering RHEL / Solaris and AIX.
- Windows Server – Microsoft products / infrastructure and contracts covering the current Windows Server estate and supporting the User Base with the appropriate licenses across Desktop HVD and VDI.
The above is our wish list, so if you’re not ticking all the boxes, still apply as we’d love to hear from you.
- 30 days holiday plus you can buy more.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Total Pension! Enabling you to save a regular amount towards your retirement.
- Income Protection and Life Assurance.
- Wellness Account is an on demand fully flexible benefit which you control. This benefit provides reimbursement towards the cost of your wellness choices.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.