- Location: Gremista
- £28,375.40 to £29,533.80 per annum, I
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SIC03281
The ICT Technician will provide ICT support services, installation, upgrades, maintenance and technical project management to Shetland College UHI based at the Gremista Campus.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link(s) below for further information –
• The grade of this post is I
• Salary shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £2,157 per annum (pro rata)
• Temporary contract for a period of approximately 9 months
• Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (Children) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
• A relocation package does not apply to this post
• We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
• Not suitable for Remote Working
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
This post is based at Shetland College, Gremista
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Rory Gillies, Acting Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 01595 771321
The main duties of the post holder will be to:
• Provide ITIL first, second and third line ICT support to College staff, students and UHI partners;
• Plan, install, configure, manage and maintain ICT equipment including laptops, desktops, printers, peripherals, analogue and IP phones and other telecommunications equipment;
• Plan, install, configure, manage and maintain the College’s virtualised server and data backup systems;
• Plan, install, configure, manage and maintain the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network hardware and operating software including network distribution, routers, switches and wireless access points;
Applications must be able to demonstrate the following:
- 3-5 years’ experience of supporting ICT in a multi user environment.
- Possession of an HND or equivalent in a relevant technical subject.
- Substantial knowledge of desktop, server and network hardware, software and associated systems.
- Ability to work on own initiative without direct supervision.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.