- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 288942
Senior Transport Planner
You will be working within a highly skilled transport planning team. The team is currently busy with a number of transport planning commissions, including macro and micro simulation modelling, scheme business case appraisal, active travel and transport planning work for a variety of clients, including local authorities, private developers and other public-sector clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will play a key role in continuing the growth and development of an already successful team.
This role will be based in our office in Glasgow but will be a part of a wider team based across the North East, Cumbria and Scotland. However, travelling may be required to other Capita offices, Client offices and sites.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Principal Transport Modellers to deliver Paramics, Saturn and Vissim models.
- Assisting the Principal Modellers / Planners in delivering major transport scheme business cases.
- Preparation of Transport Assessments and Statements
- Preliminary Design and Route Appraisal of Cycle schemes
- Assisting in the delivery of a variety of other transport studies
- Preparation and contribution to technical papers and client reports
- Contributing to our process of continuous improvement and knowledge sharing relating to transport planning across our national transport planning business
- Working to a high technical standard
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have a Masters' Degree (or equivalent) in a numerate or transport discipline
- Be a chartered profession or be working toward Chartership being already a minimum of IEng or equivalent.
- Have experience in one or more of the following traffic modelling packages - Saturn, Paramics, Vissim, Transyt and Junctions 9
- Have experience working with scheme assessment programs such as Tuba and Cobalt
- Have experience in the preliminary design and route appraisal of cycle schemes
- Have working knowledge or experience of working with Scottish Transport Appraisal Guidance (STAG)
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have knowledge of producing Transport Assessments, Statements and Travel Plans
- Possess basic CAD skills
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent working knowledge of MS Office tools, MS Excel and MS Project in particular
- Interpret instructions and compile information in the required format
- Be accurate, pay attention to detail and deliver to agreed timescales
- Be a hard-working self-starter with initiative
- Be able to work well in a team environment and develop relationships with internal colleagues
- Required to develop their transport modelling skills and also demonstrate a commitment towards professional development and gaining accreditation with an appropriate professional body
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with Clients and deliver quality services to maximise opportunities for repeat business
- Communicate effectively with people effectively in a friendly courteous manner and through good presentation skills
- Hold a full UK driving licence
As part of our partnership objectives in line with our values, we ask all our staff to:
- Lead by example
- Encourage, nurture and mentor junior members of staff
- Be honest and open
- Demonstrate respect for colleagues and strong teamwork
- Demonstrate a sense of pride in a job well done
- Focus on solutions rather than problems
Remuneration Package (To be negotiated with the successful candidate dependent on level of experience and qualifications)
- Salary Range: Circa £34k-£38k
- 37.5 hours a week
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining relevant professional qualifications.
- Access to a range of Capita Group benefits