- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Pensions Administration
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 521
Assistant Pensions Finance Manager
Glasgow or Birmingham
Hymans Robertson LLP is one of the UK's leading actuarial, pensions, investment and benefit consultancies, employing over 750 staff in four UK offices in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Birmingham. The firm operates as an independent partnership and prides itself on an innovative, client focussed approach. We provide independent pensions, investment and life consultancy services, as well as data and technology solutions. Our clients include some of the UK's leading names and largest pension schemes, while our continued growth and success has been recognised by numerous industry awards.
We believe everyone has a right to a better future. We make sure it's not left down to chance.
This is a rare opportunity for a very experienced pension plan / fund accountant to join us and take on the role of Assistant Pensions Finance Manager in our growing business. Reporting into the Pensions Finance Manager you'll play a key role in ensuring the effective financial management of the Third party Administration (TPA) practice by leading the Pension Plan Accountant and Cash Management teams and look after an efficient pensions accounting and cash management service to our clients.
This is a varied and evolving role which will make great use of your existing accounting skills and experience and really stretch you by giving you the chance to make an immediate impact, add value and help to shape and share in our current and future success.
This role will be ideal for you if you enjoy a challenge and working in a fast paced, commercial, environment which is professional, friendly and collaborative. You'll be passionate about delivering gold standard client service, finding innovative solutions to problems and inspiring your colleagues.
Here are some of your key responsibilities - to give you a feel for what you'll be doing:
- Leading and supporting the Pension Plan Accountants and Cash Management Team.
- Championing and supporting career development, coaching and mentoring others.
- Overseeing the preparation of pension fund Trustee Report & Accounts, preparing quarterly financial statements and accounts and presenting these at Trustee meetings.
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting and pension scheme budgeting.
- Liaising with Global Custodians to ensure that investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and scheme accounting policies.
- Implementing changes to statutory legislation and Accounting Standards of Recommended Practice.
- Liaising with auditors on Report & Accounts.
- Liaises with other third party administrators and clients on handover of accounting records for new client installations.
- Authorising and transmitting BACS files generated by payroll team in respect of pensioner payrolls, applying variance checks within agreed tolerance ranges.
- Building strong, collaborative relationships with colleagues across the firm and being an ambassador for TPA both inside and outside of the business
To be successful you will already be a very experienced pension fund accountant, ideally with experience of working in a TPA setting.
As well as very strong technical credentials you'll also have exceptional people and team leadership attributes and thrive on working as part of a team in a fast paced and changeable environment.
You will have and enjoy using your problem solving and interpersonal and communication skills and be able to use these to quickly build productive, collaborative relationships with a variety of people and influence others.
Some travel will be expected to client and other Hymans Robertson offices, from time to time.
Reward and Support
Hymans Robertson prides itself in offering a refreshing, stimulating work environment where independent thinking and new ideas are actively encouraged and where every member of the team genuinely makes a difference. Candidates can expect a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including full study support where applicable. The firm is committed to the personal and career development of all employees and this position offers excellent growth potential within a dynamic and growing organisation.
Hymans Robertson is committed to equal opportunities and inclusion. We welcome all applications regardless of race, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, pregnancy & maternity, marriage & civil partnership, sexual orientation or age.
Further information on Hymans Robertson and our range of services is available at www.hymans.co.uk