- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 000623
Punter Southall Governance Services (PSGS)
We are a fast growing and highly successful independent trustee company working with many household names, as well as smaller organisations. With over 210 clients and over £30 billion invested in them, we provide professional services helping our clients govern and run their pension schemes to the highest standards. Our services include independent trusteeship, trustee executive, scheme secretarial, adviser selections and trustee effectiveness services.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients where you will deliver a variety of trustee executive, secretarial and project and consulting services depending on requirements. You will be expected to take an entrepreneurial approach to creating and converting new business opportunities.
A Senior Scheme Secretary is expected to:
- Demonstrate proactive leadership in the provision of the services leading to clients' confidence and trust in the team
- Develop new ideas for services and markets
- Raise profile of self and PSGS in market place through participation in industry events, financial media and networking.
- Active participation new business pitches and company events as and when required
- Share knowledge and experience with more junior team members to help with their personal development and to benefit the wider team.
- Be adaptable and to take initiative on working with new clients and on new projects.
The Senior Scheme Secretary will be responsible for the effective management of trustee business across a portfolio of clients.
Some of the areas of responsibility include:
- Excellent organisation of trustee, committee and other meetings.
- Proactive communication and monitoring of legal and compliance requirements
- Monitor and influence the service delivery of the trustees' advisers and ensure value for money.
- Management of any member queries and complaints including those received via the Internal Dispute Procedure.
- Run Member Nominated Trustee election as required and gather relevant information for the trustee selection process.
- Draft or review communications, such as newsletters, member notices etc
- Organise training and ensure the trustees meet the Trustee Knowledge and Understanding requirements.
- Lead the project management of services, providers and special exercises.
- Act as co-ordinator, manager of relationships and facilitator.
- Any other responsibilities, as appropriate for the role.
A proven track record gained within the pension and trustee industry with at least 5 years experience, likely to have previous in house or consultancy experience.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrates leadership in high pressure and fast paced environment without diluting the quality of work
- Excellent knowledge of the technical aspects of the role covering DB,DC and hybrid schemes
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Easily builds relationships with clients gaining their trust and respect
- Forward thinking and skilled at planning for and managing all aspects of secretarial role with high level of independence and self-motivation
- Deals effectively with challenge/conflict and comes forward with options, ideas and solutions adapted to the audience
- Team working with the focus on good communication and collaborative working to deliver excellent quality services for clients
- Ability to assimilate information and communicate complicated scenarios in a simple manner.
The candidate should ideally be:
- Degree educated
- Qualified APMI/FPMI
- PRINCE2 qualified
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.