- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 000624
All PSDCC staff:
- must adhere to the FCA's Treating Customers Fairly consumer outcomes.
- Deal with clients professionally and with integrity, delivering an excellent standard of service at all times.
- Adhere to the PSDCC/PSG Anti Money Laundering, Data Protection, Information Security and other Conduct Risk policies at all times.
This role provides technical support to the Financial Planners to enable them to deliver advice which is technically accurate and compliant with regulatory and business standards thus ensuring the best possible outcome for the client and protecting the interests of the business.
Key Core Products:
- Defined Benefit Pension Transfers.
- Pension Consolidation.
Key core work Areas:
- Making Appointments for Financial Planners.
- Processing New Business.
- Maintenance and updating of client records and diary system.
- Support in the development and maintenance of client relationships.
- Undertaking cash flow modelling.
- Obtain illustrations, related documentation and forms to support suitability reports
- Understanding technical provider and product material.
- Assist the Financial Planner with research and creation of client suitability reports in a timely and efficient manner. Provide technical input into suitability reports, ensuring all documentation explains to clients as clearly as possible the pros and cons of the recommendation.
- Project involvement and sales initiatives.
- Adhering to data protection protocols and all of the Financial Conduct Authority's Treating Customers Fairly consumer outcomes and Conduct Risk requirements
- Meet all compliance and Group governance requirements, including completion of all mandatory conduct risk and compliance training.
Due to the changing nature of the business, the job holder may from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within their capabilities.
Areas for Development and Progression:
- Structured accreditation programme on joining.
- Completion of Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
- Support to achieve Diploma status, if not already achieved. Support with specialised technical examinations leading to Advanced Diploma Qualification status.
Knowledge & experience
- Proven experience gained within an IFA or equivalent environment focused on holistic financial planning for private clients encompassing pensions, investment and protection.
- Evidence of previous paraplanning experience.
- Demonstrates aptitude to constructing client facing documents e.g. preparation of suitability reports and client letters.
- High standard of competency and knowledge of:
- CRM system and client reporting, previous experience of Intelliflo would be preferable (or a comparable package).
- IT systems and software (Microsoft Word and Excel) including provider websites for processing.
Training, education & qualification
- Good general education, including GCSE Mathematics and English grade B or above or equivalent qualification. Ideally educated to A Level standard or equivalent qualification (or individuals deemed ‘qualified by experience' would be considered).
- Successfully progressing towards Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent) or have achieved Diploma status. For individuals who have yet to attain Diploma status there is an expectation that the individual will make reasonable progress to attain Diploma status within a 24 month period from commencement of study. For individuals who are already progressing with their Diploma, this timeframe is reduced to a 12 to 18 month period depending on number of examinations successfully completed, as outlined in the Study Support Policy and Offer letter. A Study Support Contract will need to be agreed by both parties prior to the provision of any study support by the Company.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Strong customer service.
- Confident communicator at all levels, with the ability to adapt approach depending on audience, and manage difficult discussions.
- Well-developed written communication skills, able to construct logical, clear and concise documentation appropriate to given audience.
- Have a broad understanding of current FCA regulations and how they apply to our clients.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible and proactive approach.
- Acts professionally with integrity and discretion.
- Strong organisational, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Able to apply appropriate time matrix allocation to tasks to achieve commercial objectives.
- Shows persistence when faced with challenges or obstacles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, capable of anticipating, resolving and owning problems through to resolution.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, both written and numerical, is required in order to perform the duties of this role
- Focus on commerciality and time/cost whilst undertaking all chargeable activity.
Punter Southall Aspire is a major financial solutions business that blends a strong customer focused heritage with a modern and technology-led outlook. Uniting pensions consultancy, workplace and individual financial advice, we work with employers, trustees and private clients through our regional UK offices to design and manage solutions that meet their unique needs.