- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 296854
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
£negotiable + bens
Following 4 years of continued success and growth in Capita's Environment team, we are expanding our teams across all levels to support our delivery of a variety of projects in the Environment, Rail, and Highways divisions. Our key clients include Highways England, network Rail and the Environment Agency along with other leading national and international infrastructure providers.This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities: We are currently seeking experienced Senior Geotechnical Engineers/ Engineering Geologists to help us grow our team. As part of your role, you will take responsibility for providing technical expertise and leading technical delivery on a wide variety of projects, including asset assessment and management plans, design of civil engineering works and site supervision. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of technical delivery ensuring high-quality standards and working with project managers to ensure delivery to budget and programme. You will also be responsible for ensuring the projects you deliver take due regard for the latest Health and Safety policies and practices, including working in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
- Ground investigation design and implementation.
- Geotechnical design, calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice.
- Overseeing and participating in the resolution of technical issues.
- Complying with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice promoting a culture of safety within the team.
- Managing selected projects or components of projects and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Providing technical input to projects and technical advice to project team members.
- Working alongside the Ground Engineering management team to oversee inputs of more junior staff
- Planning investigation, design, construction and post-construction monitoring of geotechnical aspects of projects.
- Building relationships with clients on projects.
- Undertaking technical reviews and checking.
- Liaising with contractors and clients, both external and internal.
- Technical assistance on bids and proposals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Post Graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Chartered Membership of relevant professional body or demonstrable progression towards Chartered Status.
- Well-rounded geotechnical design experience including foundations (shallow and piled), retaining walls and slope stability assessments in soil and rock.
- Extensive post-graduate experience in most aspects of geotechnical projects, including planning, supervising and designing elements of a project, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects.
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation.
- Fully familiar with MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical analysis programs such as Slope/W SEEP/W SIGMA/W HoleBASE AutoCAD, Dips.
- Good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues.
- Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- A willingness to undertake training and development when required.
- Experience of preparation of contract documents and contract administration for ground engineering projects, including NEC contracts.
Our Business is spread across 12 offices in England and Wales. Our people work in a collaborative way across the country thus offering a broad range of opportunities and creating the optimal conditions for amazing career progressions for all staff.
We are currently working in collaboration with the Environment Agency to deliver 2 of the largest PDUs, South East and Midlands. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phase 2 and the Oosterwelt Link Immersed Tube Tunnel in Belgium.
Locations: Our Environment Business comprises 12 teams based at the following locations: London; East Grinstead; Basingstoke; Huntingdon; Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester, Stockport, Sheffield, Leeds, Blackburn and Carlisle.
At Capita we are happy to offer flexibility in terms of location, thanks to our fully integrated business model. We are therefore happy to accept applications for any of the above locations.
What we hope you will do next: Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.