- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 295795
Principal Geo-Technical Engineer
Location: Carlisle (CA6 4SJ)
CAPITA is looking for a Principal Geo-Technical Engineer to join our Environmental Engineering Team in Cardiff. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an experienced Principal/ Associate Geoenvironmental Engineer to help us grow our team. As part of your role, you will take responsibility for providing technical expertise and leading technical delivery on a wide variety of projects, including asset assessment and management plans, design of civil engineering works and site supervision. You will take ownership of technical delivery ensuring high-quality standards and working with project managers to ensure delivery to budget and programme. You will also be responsible for ensuring the projects you deliver take due regard for the latest Health and Safety policies and practices, including working in accordance with the Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations 2015.
- Ground investigation design and implementation.
- Geoenvironmental calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice.
- Design, implementation and validation of remediation strategies for contaminated sites.
- Preparation of Waste Management Plans and Materials Management Plans.
- Overseeing and participating in the resolution of technical issues.
- Complying with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice promoting a culture of safety within the team.
- Managing selected projects or components of projects and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Providing technical input to projects and technical advice to project team members.
- Mentoring junior staff with project work and in progression towards chartered status.
- Planning investigation, design, construction and post-construction monitoring of Geoenvironmental aspects of projects.
- Building relationships with clients on projects.
- Undertaking technical reviews and checking.
- Liaising with contractors and clients, both external and internal.
- Technical assistance on bids and proposals.
Qualifications & Experience
- Post Graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional body
- CL:AIRE DoW:CoP Qualified Person.
- Experience in managing the production of Waste Management Plans and Materials Management Plans.
- Well-rounded Geoenvironmental experience working across a variety of sectors.
- Extensive post-graduate experience in most aspects of geoenvironmental projects, including planning, supervising and designing elements of a project, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects.
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation.
- Fully familiar with MS Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience in the use of routine Geoenvironmental assessment programmes.
- Good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues.
- Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- A willingness to undertake training and development when required.
- Experience of preparation of contract documents and contract administration for Geoenvironmental projects, including NEC contracts.
- Valid driving license.
Our Business is spread across 12 offices in England and Wales. Our people work in a collaborative way across the country thus offering a broad range of opportunities and creating the optimal conditions for amazing career progressions for all staff.
We are currently working in collaboration with the Environment Agency to deliver 2 of the largest PDUs, South East and Midlands. Our pipeline of opportunities includes some of the most exciting major infrastructure projects in Europe, including HS2 Phase 2 and the Oosterwelt Link Immersed Tube Tunnel in Belgium.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Capita including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications. Access too many Capita Group benefits including one relevant professional subscriptions paid for, Cycle to Work Scheme, discounted retail vouchers, various private insurance schemes available.
If you are successful with your application, you will need to complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
“Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership”