- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Location: Strathpeffer
- £39,413 to £52,055 per annum,
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: SSE Plc
Mechanical Engineer - Wind Generation
Position: Perm - Full Time
Location: Glasgow / Perth / Inverness
Salary: £39,413 - 52,055
SSE Generation is one of the UK's largest renewable energy provider, responsible for the development, construction and operation of SSE Group's renewable energy projects across the UK and Ireland. SSE has over 3000MW of renewable energy capacity across GB and Ireland and has further wind farm capacity under construction or with consent for development.
We currently have an opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer in Wind Generation in Scotland. As a member of the Wind Generation Engineering Team you will be part of a team responsible for the asset integrity of wind turbines across a number of onshore wind farms, providing technical support to Operations and Maintenance teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within an emerging and dynamic industry with regular exposure to new and developing technology
Key responsibilities include:
* Technical Support - Provide planned and unplanned technical support including technical and safety investigations. Respond to important mechanical plant issues and defects that have taken or have the potential to take plant out of service.
* Asset Integrity Management - Monitoring plant health and ensure appropriate response to emergent issues with potentially significant safety and business implications on a risk management basis. Review and improvement of maintenance standards.
* Contractor Management - Perform elements of contract management from specification/scope writing, technical evaluation of contractor's proposal, through to planning, setting to work and continuous monitoring of safety and performance.
* Project Management - Provide direct project management delivery service for specific activities required by the business, including safety, reliability and design improvement
Your skills and experience:
* Minimum HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
* Have good experience in an operational, maintenance or construction environment.
* Good working knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems (gearboxes, bearings, hydraulics)
* Be able to demonstrate experience in managing projects and contractors and have a proven track record of delivery, both personally and through others
* Knowledge in wind turbine technology is preferable but not essential
* Full driving license
The position will frequently involve working in remote areas, occasionally working at height - for which training will be given. You will also be required to represent the Wind Generation team in more formal situations and presentation skills are essential.
Great. What's in it for me?
For us it's not just about being good at what you do - it's about enjoying what you do, too. So we'll encourage and empower you to be imaginative, share your great ideas, and do work that you can be proud of. On top of a competitive salary, you'll enjoy generous holiday entitlement and excellent benefits.
This post is open to internal and external candidates. Successful candidates will be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process which includes a basic criminal record check.
Closing date for applications is Monday 22nd April 2019
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.