- Contact: SSE Plc
Salary: £43,200 - £65,500 depending on skills and experience + benefits + annual bonus
Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
As Project Manager you'll be accountable for managing the initial stage development of new Offshore Wind Farm projects under the Marine Scotland or PINS DCO processes. This role will continue through to construction handover, to ensure projects can be delivered in a safe and efficient manner.
The overall objective of the role is to create value for SSE Renewables, therefore your main accountabilities will include;
-Assessing the project economics and responsibility for the business case;
-Quality and programme management;
-Maintaining effective communications with internal engineering, legal and procurement functions ---External stakeholder management with governmental bodies and local communities.
-Ensure senior management have sufficient visibility of project reporting to maintain confidence in bid submission, project development and the resolution of outstanding issues through to delivery.
Your Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has the following;
- Full knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and practices
- Bid management experience or knowledge of large capital and complex projects
- Contractual, commercial and governance experience of large capital project development
- An understanding of large project Joint Venture agreements and relationships
- Knowledge of project risk assessments
- A solid understanding of energy markets and relevant policies in UK and Ireland
- Experience of offshore wind project development on a variety of pre-consent development projects.
- Knowledge of offshore wind project management post-consent refinement and delivery
- An understanding of financial planning for capital projects
- The ability to challenge project teams and key stakeholders to ensure robust project performance
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 16th April 2019
For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.