- Location: Aberdeen
- £6 to £11.40 per hour, Apprentice Buiding
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: ABC05417
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for.
Location: Kittybrewster Complex
Duration: 4 years Fixed Term
Hours: 37 hours per week
We have several craft apprenticeship posts available within Building Services. These provide a great opportunity if you wish to learn a trade, working with experienced tradespeople who will help you attain a recognised qualification and develop you to reach your full potential.
The posts we have available are:
Apprentice Lift Engineer
You must have National 4 (or equivalent) English and Maths or be working towards and be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• assist and learn from participating in the provision of building maintenance by carrying out repairs and upgrading of Council properties.
• be expected to attend College or another training provider as appropriate and attain the required qualification/s over a four-year period.
• be required to undertake and pass a relevant skills test as part of the recruitment process. It would be beneficial if you have passed the relevant skills test in advance of submitting your application – contact the training provider listed with each post for further information.
You may apply for up to 2 types of apprenticeship and should indicate your 1st and 2nd choices on the application form under the ‘additional information’ section.
You can find help on completing an application on myjobscotland at https://youtu.be/XI53n2Nm8vk
You can also find out more about our apprenticeships by attending the Moving On! Youth Recruitment Event, hosted by Aberdeen City Council on 29 March 2018. For further information, visit https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/business-and-licensing/moving-youth-recruitment-event.
You must hold as a minimum:
National 4 English and Maths (or equivalent) or be working towards
You are expected to demonstrate:
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Ability to understand and follow instructions
Ability to work as part of a Team
Ability to adapt to change
Please see Job Profile for further details
Interviews are expected to be held in June 2018
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.