- Sector: Production and Manufacturing
- Specialism: Management
- Location: PH33 6SQ
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Emma Parton
The Highland Soap Company make organic soap and skincare products in Fort William. We are looking for a Production Manager to run our factory and be an integral part of growing a quality sustainable business based in the highlands.
As Production Manager you will:
- Lead a small team of Production Operators, a number that will increase as we grow
- Deliver high quality product with efficiency
- Manage production schedules
- Keep records of batch data
- Manage stock levels with an eye on sometimes lengthy lead times
- Control logistics and product despatch and delivery
- Plan and utilise all available resources effectively and efficiently
- Organise Warehousing, Production and Fulfilment of orders for wholesale through to retail
- Deliver against defined KPIs
The successful individual will have authenticity, integrity and be of a dependable character. They will be someone who likes to be accountable and accepts responsibility of leading the business delivery stream. They will be a real driver with the ability and experience to make things happen and meet customers' expectations and have a hunger to learn and contribute to the growth of the business.
This is a very exciting time to join a small and dynamic business. Over the last year and a half, we have doubled in size and are in the process of building a new custom-made workshop at the Old Inverlochy Castle outside Fort William that will give us capacity to become a national brand. Remuneration will be competitive and consummate with experience.
- Background in manufacturing or production
- Technically capable and able to work on infrastructure of business and find ways of improving processes
- Familiar with work instructions and/or standard operating procedures
- Able to proficiently manage the administrative aspects of manufacturing (stock and re-ordering, staff, record keeping)
- Planning and organisational skills
- Experienced in a fast-moving manufacturing environment
- Building relationships and leading from the front
- Good team-working and communication skills
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.