- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: IRC2141622
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail ' Europe's largest civil engineering project ' to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
Delivery of all on-track machine operations to therequired timescales, quality and specification.
2. Supervise on-track machines operations to deliver optimum output.
3. Mark up design lifts and slues and check schemes.
4. Check clearances for tamping/stoneblower operations through structures.
5. Plan and undertake site inspections to identify preparatory work for tamping/stoneblower operations. Preparatory work to be planned and carried out in liaison with Track Section Managers.
6. Direct and supervise staff allocated to assist on track machine operations.
7. Produce and process paper and electronic records of tamping/stoneblower operations in accordance with laid down procedures.
8. Assist with other duties as directed by the Assistant Track Maintenance Engineer.
' Knowledge of types on On-Track Machines
' Knowledge of Track Geometry principles
' Experienced in track geometry measurement
' Experience in setting out for On Track Plant
' Track Geometry design knowledge
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to '3,333 (to a maximum amount of '2,500).
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Extended Closing date: 22 May 2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.