- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: IRC2125870
Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain's railway. From Crossrail ' Europe's largest civil engineering project ' to investment in world-class stations and major programmes of electrification, we're involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures that this country has ever seen.
The Electrification and Plant Route Asset Management team are responsible for the asset management of all the assets associated with Network Rails high voltage traction power systems and associated contact system assets together with the provision of operational power supplies and other ancillary electrical assets in the South East part of the network.
The role is an exciting opportunity to help manage the largest private HV network in the country which supports day to day operations of the railway. The core aspects of the role are to:
1. Manage, plan and issue programmes to co-ordinate the requirements of all parties requiring outages of HV 3rd rail distribution network utilising the DINIS computer system to propose optimum HV 3rd rail switching arrangements. Communicate these programmes to the electrical control rooms.
2. Manage DINIS network analysis system updating core asset data as necessary.
3. Analyse programmes of work that affect the 3rd rail electrification system to establish outage requirements liaising with electrical control rooms and regional electricity companies (RECs) as necessary.
4. Manage HV 3rd rail distribution network using DINIS computer system with respect to programmed work. Monitor system loading and regulation is contained within agreed parameters. Manage service capacities agreed with RECs, that they are not exceeded by programmed work.
5. Manage production of pre-arranged switching schedules for all agreed outages and issue to all relevant electrical controls liaising as necessary with respect to any issues arising.
6. Analyse and provide contingency switching schedules for programmed events that place the integrity of the traction and signalling supply systems at risk. Analyse possible changes of system loading or supply arrangements.
7. Review daily logs reports and other outputs for incidents affecting safety business or technical performance of electrification and plant assets. Maintain defect reporting system data for electrification and plant and provide statistical information as required.
8. Monitor whether the HV 3rd rail network is operated within its capability
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
' HNC/HND electrical engineering
' Knowledge of HV 3rd rail distribution systems management
' Extensive experience in power supply distribution systems
' Qualifications leading to Incorporated Engineer
' Knowledge of 3rd rail traction power supply system
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to '3,333 (to a maximum amount of '2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range: '39,514-'44,453
Network Rail is required to comply with UK Government standards when carrying out pre-employment checks for all new starters; this includes a basic criminal record check. In addition to the basic criminal record check, in accordance with the UK Government we are also required to verify your identity, right to work in the UK and previous three years employment history.
Closing date: 24th of May 2019. Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.