- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Visitor Services Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- From £25 per hour
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT069MP
What will itbe like to work for Waldorf Astoria?
Known locally as The Caley, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonianis one of Edinburgh's most significant and recognisable landmarks. Standingproudly at the west end of Princes Street, the artery of the capital, itsreputation for style and excellence has attracted generations of locals,international visitors and notable personalities for 100 years.
What will Ibe doing?
As a GuestServices Manager in our hotel you will be responsible for ensuring consistentquality of customer service is provided to the guestsin accordance with the Luxury Standards.
Toprovideguests with a memorable stay experience that is personalized to their needs,throughout their stay at the hotel by ensuring that the team is responding efficiently to their inquiries andadvising them of the amenities and benefits offered by the hotel.
Responsible for supporting team members on a daily basis with anyqueries and issues that may arise and engaging with them to ensure well-beingand satisfaction. Has the responsibility to assist the management to drive anddeliver positive results and adhere to timelines and responsibilities relatingto payroll control and scheduling, team development, Health and Safety as wellas projects as dictated by the Executive Team, (ET) or Front of House Manager,(FOHM).
- Manage the guest journey through the hotel by being present in the lobby – overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of Personal Concierge, Reception and assisting with concierge where applicable.
- Ensuring all TWS guests are greeted and directed accordingly, and that all standards are adhered to.
- Complete payroll control and process including scheduling and forecasting and rostering.
- Ensure daily administrative tasks are completed or delegated according to the business needs that day.
- Manage the distribution of daily targets, ensure team are motivated to reach and exceed these.
- Deliver training and complete development reviews in line with company policy.
- Maintain and build relationships with internal stakeholders through accurate and timely completing of tasks such as PPM programs, uncovered schedules and ad hoc replacement and refurbishment programs.
- Attend and contribute to daily and weekly meetings, ensuring information is brought back and delivered to all relevant individuals.
- Assist the FOHM in adhering to departmental budgets.
- Any other task deemed relevant by the ET or FOHM
In addition to performance of the essential functions, thisposition may be required to perform a combination of the following supportivefunctions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solelydetermined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of thecompany.
- Personal Concierge
Specific jobknowledge, skill and ability
The individual must possess the followingknowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that heor she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonableaccommodation.
What are welooking for?
• Previous managerial experience in a customer service function
• An ability to listen and respond to demanding Guest needs
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• Accountable and resilient
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
• Ability to work under pressure
• Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations
It would beadvantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilitiesand distinctions:
• Previous experience in a customer service function or a similarrole
• A passion for delivering an exceptional level of Guest service
• High level of IT proficiency
W What will it be like towork for Hilton?
Our teams deliver exceptional hospitality experiences to our Guests every day& their contributions are at the core of our success. We're committed tohelping our teams 'Thrive@Hilton', to ensure we're our best self, every day.
Our benefit programmes help to build a strong foundation to achieve this...
BODY - We build a strong foundation for health & wellbeing:
Retirement plan, life assurance,healthcare cash plan, dental insurance & eye care
MIND - We seek lifelong learning & meaningfulleadership:
Childcare vouchers, CMP & CAP, AXAemployee assistance programme
SPIRIT - We dare to dream & connect with purpose:
Team member room rates globally, perksat work package
We are Hilton, We are Hospitality!
Meals on duty & Hilton perks & benefits package (discountedrate to use the gym only for £25/month)
Check Out Similar Jobs