The Cabrach Trust is a registered charity focused on the rural regeneration of a remote and spectacularly beautiful part of North East Scotland. Situated on the northern edge of the Cairngorms in Morayshire the Trust was established in 2011 in response to a need to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the Cabrach and safeguard its remote communities.
The Trust is embarking on an exciting and ambitious £5.7m regeneration project to build a Heritage Centre, incorporating a small scale working Historic Whisky Distillery on the Inverharroch site. The aim of the Centre is to safeguard, celebrate, and share the rich heritage and culture of The Cabrach, narrating the extraordinary story of how this remote and small part of Scotland can claim to be one of the birthplaces of Malt Whisky.
We are seeking an experienced Finance & Administration Manager to work with the new Chief Executive to manage the financial transactions and financial reporting as well as the smooth running of the office.
This is a permanent, part-time role for 20 hours per week role with an annual full-time equivalent salary of £34,000.
You will be responsible for; processing and managing all financial transactions, managing grant administrative processes and payment claims, ensuring the smooth running of the office, administering the Trust’s membership scheme, liaising with suppliers and managing the Trust's portfolio of land and properties.
This is a key role in delivering our vision for the Cabrach and the successful candidate will play an essential part in ensuring the delivery of all our current projects.
The successful candidate will be an all-rounder; someone who is comfortable working on their own initiative, is well organised, numerate, and who enjoys working in a small and friendly team.
The successful candidate will be supported to grow and develop in this role, through an active approach to training and development.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will:
- Process and prepare accurate and timely accounting, financial performance and management information for the Trust to include:
- Management and processing of the day to day financial transactions of the Trust including sales ledger, purchase ledger, VAT, expenses, petty cash, banking and payments etc.
- Keeping a record of financial transactions and preparation of financial reports for funders, the Executive, trustees and others
- Preparation of grant claims ensuring procurement, paperwork and reporting meet funders requirements
- Ensuring that the financial controls for the Trust are effective, operational and appropriate
- In conjunction with the CEO prepare the Trust’s annual budget including P&L, cashflow and balance sheet
- Be the first port of call by email, phone and direct contact for visitors
- Provide support to the CEO and Board of Trustees, taking minutes and preparing reports where required
- Administer the Trust's membership scheme, managing the database
- Assist in the organisation of membership events
- Assist with the promotion of the membership scheme
- Ensure that all statutory requirements for the properties are met, including insurances, leases, licences etc.
- Liaise with suppliers to arrange maintenance and repairs
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
The successful applicant will have:
Qualified accountant or qualified by experience
Highly numerate with experience of financial administration
Computer literate and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
Experience of using financial software such as Sage Accounting, Quickbooks
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with experience of preparing reports and minutes
Experience of liaising with suppliers, procuring goods and services, contract management and grant reporting
Independence and the ability to plan and manage a challenging workload
A commitment to the Trust's vision for the regeneration of the Cabrach
The ability to work in a remote environment
Flexible and positive approach
Full clean driving licence and use of a car
Experience of working in the charity sector or for a social enterprise.
Experience of managing properties
An understanding of the ethos of community development
How to apply:
To apply for this role please email your C.V. and a covering letter (no more than 3 sides of A4) outlining your suitability for the post to Closing date for applications is Tuesday 28 May 2019 at 9am.
For more information about The Cabrach Trust please visit our website
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.