- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 86074
Join us as a Data Analyst in Brighton or Edinburgh
- You'll be joining us in Data & Analytics (D&A), where we have the responsibility of helping the bank to make better use of data for business decisions, operations and in driving customer interactions
- You'll join the Root Cause Analysis Team within Data Strategy and Transformation
- The team is unique in the financial services industry in that it has end-to-end responsibility for data across the bank- the team is also responsible for the bank's strategic change programme for data across all customer franchises
- We are fully dedicated to mapping a career path that works for you, with a focus on helping you gain new experience, develop to your full potential and, if desired, get to the next level
- This means you will have an opportunity to get involved in just about everything we do
What you'll do
We'll look to you to deliver high quality, clear and accurate, current state management information within agreed timescales, and input into quality business solutions, including analysis solutions.
Typically you'll work independently on small, single or multiple projects or smaller work items of larger projects that are multi-discipline, and you'll identify and investigate data quality issues through to the root causes of those issues. Your role will involve working with many different teams within D&A and our business stakeholders. You'll be supporting the delivery of one or more, crucial data projects, with a view to simplifying and integrating the way we use data across the bank, to meet our varied business needs.
In a typical day you may be involved in:
- Working as part of a project team, tackling key data issues impacting any part of the bank
- Working with colleagues across any parts of the bank as you will play an integral role in one or more projects
- Identifying, sourcing, interrogating and analysing data, based on the requirements of the project
- Conducting deep dives, data mining and analyses to identify root causes of the issues at hand
- Identifying tactical solutions and fixes
- Providing work duration and planning estimates to project managers
- Documenting findings and solutions and updating project logs (actions, risks and issues)
- Attending meetings or conference calls for status updates and to interact with business users
- Supporting the data remediation planning process
The skills you'll need
Some exposure to Mainframe systems/file structures/terminology would be very useful.
To succeed in this role you will show the following:
- Experience in utilising SAS/SQL for analytical investigations, report review and creation
- Proficiency in querying RDBMS systems like Oracle/MS SQL Server/DB2
- An awareness of SAS Visual Analytics reporting
- Proficiency in the usage of Microsoft applications (especially Excel and Access)
- Experience of using Big Data toolsets and environments (Hadoop, Teradata)
- A good understanding of data quality and data governance issues and of business analysis/project management methodology and its practical application
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis investigations
- Experience in a financial services/banking environment (preferred)
- Ability to manage and interact with business stakeholders (both onshore and offshore)
Its also imperative you can show excellent verbal and written communication skills, and that you're a team player with a strong desire to make positive change in the organisation
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.