- Sector: Financial Services and Investment
- Specialism: Risk Management
- Location: Edinburgh
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 89405
Join us in London as the Head of Security & Technology Risk Oversight
- If you're looking to take on a role that offers high visibility and exposure to senior and executive stakeholders, we'd like to hear from you
- You'll lead the bank's oversight strategy for Security and Technology risks, with a particular emphasis on cyber risk management
- You'll also be managing relationships with our regulators, giving you a great platform to expand your professional network
What you'll do
As Head of Security & Technology Risk Oversight, you'll lead the bank’s oversight strategy for security and technology risks, with a particular emphasis on cyber risk management.
This will involve:
- Leading and initiating targeted risk assessments and thematic reviews in respect of security and technology risks
- Highlighting the status of key and emerging operational risks facing the organisation, including risk associated with the bank’s extensive innovation agenda
- Assisting the Executive in determining the appropriate operational risk appetite for the business and managing the level of operational risk taken
- Managing stakeholder relationships at an Executive and Regulator level, ensuring strong buy-in to the objectives and framework of operational risk management across the Technology and Cyber Security agenda
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with extensive experience of providing security, cyber or technology risk management. Proven ability to effectively influence at executive and government and regulator level will also be required.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Experience of operating effectively within a matrix reporting structure, where planning and interpersonal skills were critical to success
- In-depth knowledge of technology, security and cyber issues
- Extensive experience in managing horizon threats and using external networks to support identification and mitigation of these.
- A good understanding of the risk management control environments needed to address various forms of cyber risks in a global financial services business
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.