- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 88213
Join us in Edinburgh as the Creative Lead within our Open experience (OX) team
As part of Innovation and Solutions, Open Experience (OX) work on the bank's highest priority innovation projects, with senior sponsorship and visibility across the Bank
This role is responsible for the creative direction of all innovation projects within the OX team
You’ll work across our brands, driving the creative vision of numerous new and exciting products and services. This fast paced and varied environment provides challenging work that has the potential to change the future of the bank.
What you'll do
You'll lead on the creative execution of a portfolio of Exco sponsored innovation projects, providing creative direction, problem solving and ensuring a consistent high standard of creative output from initial concept to MVP and first market launch.
- Lead all design research activities including ethnographic and user research to create actionable customer insights for innovation projects
- Develop, own and keep up to date our library of customer insights, working with Marketing, Comms and business stakeholders
- Foster and promote a human centric design culture in OX and bank-wide
- Develop and own our OX Design ‘toolkit’, detailing our templates, processes, methodologies and thinking for innovation projects
- Develop tools and processes that encourage human centred design in all our work and throughout the bank
- Provide creative direction of the creative team and multiple interdisciplinary innovation teams
- Proactively build internal and external relationships, working in partnership to solve tomorrow’s challenges today
- Anticipate and respond to changing customer demands and disruptive technologies
- Build a virtual pool of creative resource and partnerships representing top talent to act as partners and collaborators on innovation projects
- Effectively manage innovation projects, team members and innovation stakeholders
- Be responsible for managing relationships with academic and design institutions and overseeing a number of Design internships
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll bring a wealth of experience relating to leading and interacting with creative teams. You'll have extensive knowledge of human-centered design methods and processes - proficient at taking an idea to be able to launch into market.
We'll also look to you to bring:
- Expertise and fluency across human-centered design methods and disciplines - UX, Service, Product
- A good understanding of innovation processes within large organisations
- Experience leading highly creative work and managing multiple projects at once
- Experience in a fast paced, data driven environment
- Strong demonstrable design and user research background, experience developing customer facing digital applications and products
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to thrive in ambiguity based on customer insight and strategy
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to work with a diverse set of colleagues and partners and present effectively
- Captivating storytelling skills, along side excellent written and verbal communications
- A design background and degree, or equivalent
- A working knowledge of agile methodology
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.