- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 89348
We're looking for a Statutory Reporting Accountant to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an exciting time to be joining a growing team with the implemation of IFRS9 and new FINREP reporting requirements
- You'll gain exposure across the bank as you provide high quality reporting outputs in line with month-end and quarter-end timetables
- You'll support the Statutory Review & Challenge Team Manager in developing and improving processes through regular engagement and feedback with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the Technology team based in London, and as the last line of defence when reporting to regulators
What you'll do
In this role you'll ensure that all assigned statutory reporting outputs are delivered on a timely basis and have been appropriately reviewed and understood. You'll undertake review and challenge of key statutory and FINREP reporting deliverables, including the preparation of disclosure for external and internal reporting of statutory financial information.
You'll develop and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of key stakeholders across Finance teams, and review the adequacy and effectiveness of the statutory and FINREP reporting process, and drive improvements where necessary.
- Undertake review and challenge of key statutory and FINREP reporting deliverables, including preparation of disclosure for external and internal reporting of statutory financial information
- Develop and understand both the accounting and business drivers for the disclosures
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of key stakeholders across Finance teams in order to meet these responsibilities
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the statutory and FINREP reporting process, and drive improvements where necessary
- Undertake other duties as required, and work as part of the wider team to ensure all deliverables are met
- Provide high quality reporting outputs in line with month-end and quarter-end timetables
- Support the Statutory Review & Challenge Team Manager in assessing the impact of any statutory reporting or business changes and ensure that all outputs are fully compliant with these changes
- Support the Statutory Review & Challenge Team Manager in developing and improving processes through regular engagement and feedback with key stakeholders
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you'll be a qualified accountant with experience in FINREP reporting requirements.
We'll also look to you to bring:
- The ability to manage stakeholders effectively
- An astute attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- A track record of meeting tight deadlines and delivering a high quality output
- A proactive approach to continuously improve tasks and procedures
- The ability to understand the key drivers and issues behind the reported outputs
- The ability to operate effectively within an environment of change
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate issues
- An accountancy qualification or relevant time-served experience in financial reporting roles
- Knowledge of IFRS statutory reporting requirements
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.