- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 301679
Becoming a Senior 3rd Line Network Engineer with Capita IT Services - Based in Tannochside
This is a senior technical role within a highly skilled & established team of engineers. Duties to include resolution of complex network/system faults in addition to implementing customer service requests on a broad range of networking technologies including but not limited to WAN, Managed LAN, Firewalls, DNS, Proxy/filtering services.
Previous experience working in a Senior Operational Engineering capacity for a Service Provider is highly desirable.
What you will do:
- Provide network and network security support to all customers for both faults and service requests.
- Deliver Customer Service Excellence.
- Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions.
- Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with 3rd party suppliers for major incidents or network improvements eg Cisco TAC.
- Ensure that the customer is kept informed of the progress of incidents/service requests and the internal systems are kept updated regularly.
- Manage tickets to meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced engineers in the NOC.
Your experience will include:
- CCNP Service Provider/equivalent knowledge. OR JNCIS-SP/JNCIP-SP/equivalent knowledge.
- Experience of WAN infrastructure support preferably within a Service Provider environment
- Extensive experience of Routing Protocols incl. BGP & OSPF
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP protocols
- In depth knowledge of Ethernet/L2 switching
- Experience with SNMP monitoring products
- Access technologies including SHDSL, ADSL, Wi-Fi etc.
- Excellent communication skills supporting both customers and peers of varying levels of technical ability
- Experience working in an ITIL environment and adhering to strict SLA's
About Capita IT Services
Capita IT Services are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holidays, pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Katie.Wheeler@capita.co.uk for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |