MAKAR design and build beautiful, sustainable homes using an innovative offsite construction methodology. From our base just outside Inverness we design, manufacture, assemble and fit out bespoke homes across Scotland.
Over the past few years MAKAR have worked with partners to develop a number of unique housing developments across Scotland. In addition, we have launched a range of “compact homes” for those with smaller plots and/or budgets.
To support MAKAR through its continued growth, we have identified the need for an experienced Finance Manager.
· The role is responsible for ensuring the business manages its financial and administrative activities in an accurate, open, efficient and sustainable fashion. This includes ensuring the business has all systems, processes and resources required to plan, control, monitor and report its financial performance to key stakeholders internally and externally;
· The role is responsible for identifying and implementing processes, procedures and systems across the business which support the accurate, open, efficient and sustainable management of financial and administrative activities in the business.
· Key financial activities and tasks include setting, and monitoring progress against, annual business projections, budgets and KPIs (on a business, and project by project, basis), ensuring accurate financial records are kept, ensuring there is a clear record of financial transactions (income and expenditure) in accordance with organisational and tax authority requirements, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards, controlling spend within the business and managing the businesses working capital and associated facilities, advising on opportunities for the business to enhance its financial performance, advising on medium and long term capitalisation requirements and facilities, preparation of management accounts and annual accounts;
· Key administrative activities and tasks include ensuring efficient and effective office organisation and administration, development and maintenance of personnel records and HR documentation in line with relevant standards and regulations, supporting work for various staff in the business as required.
· Relevent finance / accountancy qualificiations (ACA, AAT etc);
· Excellent knowledge of management, tax and financial accounting systems, processes, regulations and standards, and how these are best utilised in the context of a SME operating in the construction industry;
· Excellent working knowledge of Sage and Sage Payroll;
· Experience of managing financial and administrative teams;
· Knowledge, experience and confidence to provide relevant financial advice to management;
· Highly computer literate and excellent numerical skills (proficiency in Word and Excel essential);
· Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate financial information in both written and verbal form to a diverse range of stakeholders;
· Organised and methodical approach to record keeping and reporting;
· Attention to detail;
· Commitment to identifying ways to improve the accuracy and efficiency of tasks and then implementing these improvements;
· Honesty and discretion when handling confidential information;
· Pro-active in seeking information required to complete tasks and solutions to issues encountered;