- Contact: SSE Plc
Job Title: Head of Commercial & Operations Finance - Thermal
Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: OL18 £51,100 - £77,300 plus car, bonus and excellent benefits
Permanent Full Time
As part of our strategy to do what is right for our people, our shareholders and of course our customers, we have undertaken a strategic review of our business and established seven business areas that can each focus on being a sustainable and responsible employer, for the long term.
Head of Commercial & Operations Finance - Thermal, reporting to the Financial Controller Thermal Energy, is focused on the commercial & operational thermal generation businesses within the Thermal Energy directorate.
You will be responsible for all aspects of financial control and business partnering within this part of the business, ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied. Delivering and supporting performance improvements, business analysis & insight, strategic business planning, and budgeting & forecasting activities. You will provide support to the Financial Controller, Thermal Energy in leading the wider Thermal Energy Finance team.
You will lead and be responsible for the development of a diverse team of finance professionals including one or more Finance Managers. You will ensure your team provide excellent business partnering support to the Director of Operations & Maintenance and their team. You will also oversee financial support to the non-operated part of the Thermal Generation business including our external contracts and investments in Joint Ventures.
You will work alongside the Director of Commercial & Asset Investment Management and their team, using your financial expertise and insight to create and deliver on the commercial strategy for Thermal Generation. This will included the development and validation of the wider Thermal Energy business 5 year business plan.
What do I need
* Fully qualified accountant with excellent Post Qualified Experience within a Business Partner / Finance Manager business-interfacing role with experience of solving business issues of similar scale and complexity
* Experience of developing, motivating and leading a diverse, and potentially multi-locational team
* Excel in interpreting and assimilating multiple data sources, including external market data, and rendering into meaningful insight and appropriate recommendations and clear actions
* Be an effect and engaging communicator of financial performance to operational colleagues to embed financial understanding within the business
* Influence strategy and translate this into actionable programmes, opportunities or activities that result in improved profitability or risk mitigation
* Excellent knowledge of current regulations including IFRS / new UK GAAP, Companies Acts, Regulatory Licences etc.
* Strong knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures
* Able to manage multiple complex projects/processes simultaneously
* Operationally and commercially focused with experience of M&A, financial modelling and financing.
We have an excellent benefits package commensurate with this role. Here's a few highlights;
* Group Pension Plan
* Share Save & Share Award schemes
* Tailored internal development opportunities
* One day paid volunteering
* Generous holiday allowance, and ability to buy extra days
We would welcome a conversation with any candidates who would like to discuss the opportunity to work differently. For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 27th May 2019