- Contact: SSE Plc
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager - Development & Construction
Location: Perth or Glasgow
Salary: £43,200 - £65,500 plus, bonus and excellent benefits
Permanent Full Time/37 hours
As part of our strategy to do what is right for our people, our shareholders and of course our customers, we have undertaken a strategic review of our business and established seven business areas that can each focus on being a sustainable and responsible employer, for the long term.
Finance Manager - Thermal Development & Construction is a Finance role in SSE focussed on the Thermal Development and Construction teams within the Thermal Energy Directorate. You will be responsible for all aspects of financial control within this part of the business, ensuring that all internal and external reporting requirements are satisfied.
You'll deliver and support project appraisal, financial governance, business analysis & insight, strategic business planning, and budgeting & forecasting activities and provide support to the Financial Controller, Thermal Energy in all aspects relating to the Development and Construction businesses.
lead in all aspects of financial control and business partnering for the Development and Construction business. You will have line manger responsibility for a small team and be responsible for supporting the Director of Thermal Development and the Director of construction, providing financial expertise and insight to them and their wider team.
Support will be provided in financially evaluating business development opportunities and in progressing viable value enhancing projects through the gate process.
Detailed tracking and reporting of project spend and financial advice and guidance will be provided in relation to Construction and Decommissioning projects. Responsibility to work with the business and agree Development, Decommissioning and Construction CAPEX 5-year business plans ensuring latest business model feed in to earnings forecasts.
What do I need?
* Fully qualified accountant with excellent Post Qualified Experience in a Finance Manager business-interfacing role with experience of solving business issues of similar scale and complexity
* Developing, motivating and leading a diverse, and potentially multi-locational team
* Interpreting and assimilating multiple data sources, including external market data, and rendering into meaningful insight and appropriate recommendations and clear actions
* Effectively communicating financial performance to operational colleagues to embed financial understanding within the business
* Influence strategy and translate this into actionable programmes, opportunities or activities that result in improved profitability or risk mitigation
* Excellent knowledge of current regulations including IFRS / new UK GAAP, Companies Acts, Regulatory Licences etc.
* Strong knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures
* Able to manage multiple complex projects/processes simultaneously
* Operationally and commercially focused with experience of M&A, financial modelling and financing
Functional & Technical Skills
* Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly excel)
* Highly developed analytical skills
* Degree-level education or equivalent
* Knowledge of SSE equivalent systems, processes and work flow technology
* In depth knowledge of ERP software (Oracle desirable)
We have an excellent benefits package commensurate with this role. Here's a few highlights;
* Group Pension Plan
* Share Save & Share Award schemes
* Tailored internal development opportunities
* One day paid volunteering
* Generous holiday allowance, and ability to buy extra days
We would welcome a conversation with any candidates who would like to discuss the opportunity to work differently. For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 27th May 2019
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.