- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 88290
We're hiring a Business Intelligence Manager in Edinburgh
- This role is a great opportunity to join a business facing finance area, supporting the biggest franchise in the bank
- You'll be driving insight for the Personal Banking franchise, creating commercial value, enhancing financial guardianship, and promoting a truly customer first ethos
- You'll be joining an area with a reputation for helping its people develop and progress to more senior roles, and within the role you can expect opportunities for line management, coaching and supporting junior colleagues
What you'll do
As Business Intelligence Manager you'll have a key role in overseeing our operational performance, and driving enhanced business performance. You'll provide thoughtful, considered, and data-driven insights which will challenge and support managers in implementing improvements, leading in collating and analysing customer insights and business data from a range of internal and external sources. You'll use the data insights to influence our people and our key stakeholders, to drive change activity, and to lead and influence both local and global projects.
Other keys aspects of your role will include:
- Producing powerful competitor, industry and economic insights
- Leveraging automated predictive analytics tools to enable scenario and stress planning, as well as analysing and identifying opportunities and mitigating threats
- Becoming an expert in the business you support, contributing to the strategy development and measuring its execution
- Providing value adding services, including advice across budgeting, forecasting, strategy reviews, investment appraisals, and performance monitoring
- Working with business partners and senior business partners to draw out actionable insight
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a chartered accountant with strong experience in finance roles, ideally in the financial services industry. You'll have technical knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and modelling, with proven problem solving and analytical skills.
We'll also be looking for:
- The proven ability to pull together analysis and insight in a way which leads to action
- Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office applications
- The desire to strive for improvement across the finance function, making things easier for people
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills, with the ability to build and influence relationships
- A team orientated approach, and the willingness to embrace a culture of performance management and coaching
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - .