- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Hotel Management
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: EUR013VK
The Analyst OTC will work with the Senior Analysts and Team Lead of the OTC function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. They will play a part in supporting the development and implementation of the strategy for Hilton within the UK.
The Analyst will be expected to work closely with, advise and recommend to Hilton's Centre of Excellence management on optimum delivery solutions which can be expected from a progressive Order to Cash service. A flexible attitude and the ability to support successful Change Management programmes is considered essential.
What will I be doing?
Under the guidance of the Team Leader of OTC Hotel Accounting, the Analyst will be responsible for the delivery of OTC processes to the agreed timetable and Service Level Agreement. The Specialist will ensure Hilton's Centre of Excellence offers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to recognise how to maximise process efficiency and effectiveness is considered essential.
The Analyst will work with the team to support the delivery of change programs that will involve maximising the benefits available to deliver best-in-class centralised Hotel Accounting services.
The Analyst will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service, supporting the delivery of OTC strategies and the team activities on a day-to-day basis; this will require meticulous attention to detail, the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the OTC arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of OTC Service Level Agreements (SLA's), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are achieve/exceeded.
• Following direction and guidance from management, carrying out and coordinating all required OTC related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
• Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management and implement upon agreement.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of OTC responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
• Research support for AR or guest (transient) dispute and compile supporting documentation
• Engage property teams to obtain input to resolve disputes, issues and queries
• Engage Team Leader of OTC Hotel Accounting to determine if adjustment is required
• Prepare and post adjusting entries
• Maintain Dispute Resolution documentation in accordance with Hilton standards
• Perform follow up based on establish collections schedule on outstanding payments from group master and convention related billings
• Review and verify an accurate bill was issued to group master/convention client
• Update call logs and maintain collections file in accordance with Hilton standards
• Assess collections status and present determination to write off payment per credit procedures to OTC Hotel Accounting Team Leader
• Review Booking Deposit Reports to identify groups with advanced deposit requirements
• Review bank statements to identify and confirm receipt of advanced deposits
• Prepare deposit postings and confirm deposits were posted successfully
• Maintain records and documentation in accordance with Hilton standards
• Support OTC Hotel Accounting special initiatives as directed by the Team Leader of OTC Hotel Accounting
• Report results to others to explain and decipher findings
• Develop and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with other finance departments and corporate departments they support
• Collaborate with the manager to establish specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish project/department goals
• Attend staff meetings pertinent to work assignments
• Support other functions in the provision of data and reporting as requested
• Support the various Hilton audit programs and provide the necessary information in a timely manner to ensure effective closure of requests
• Assist the team and management in driving project initiatives
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by management based upon the particular requirements of the company.
• Support the Centre of Excellence in delivering business objectives successfully
• Proactively engage in any other tasks as assigned by the Centre of Excellence Management
• To hold a High School/GED qualification or equivalent
• Ability to work with limited supervision, using own initiative whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation
• Experience in working in a compliant controls environment
• Good technical skills and a good understanding of how OTC impacts other accounting areas
• Developing problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members
• A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating with all levels of management and external customers
• Committed to customer service with the ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels within the organisation, projecting a hospitable service atmosphere at all times
• A ‘can-do' and flexible approach in achieving results and the ability to drive and adapt to change, with the desire to develop multiple skills
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook with the ability to quickly learn new programs when required
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• Relevant level of work experience in Accounting
• To hold a technical diploma or equivalent
• Good knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages and Essbase
• Hospitality industry experience
• Previous experience of working within a professional corporate environment
Check Out Similar Jobs
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.