- Location: Kirkintilloch
- £12,241 per annum, Grade 3 (SS37)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: EAD02922
MODERN APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
If you are interested in joining a Council ‘working together to achieve the best with the people of East Dunbartonshire’, getting hands on work experience and a qualification, then East Dunbartonshire Council has the ideal opportunity for you to start building your career. The programme will provide you with an opportunity to work for a Council that is committed to supporting the development of our employees. You will also find a working environment that is not only supportive and respectful, but one where ideas and personal contribution are positively encouraged.
Applications are invited from residents within East Dunbartonshire or who attend an EDC secondary school, who possess qualifications at the required level and are aged between 16 and 24 years old.
Modern Apprentice Joiner (4 year fixed term) (2 postions)
Based with our Property Maintenance Team you will be assisting in the effective management and delivery of property maintenance projects, developing competence, skills and knowledge as a craft apprentice.
Salary for 37 hour placement:- £12,241 1st year; rising in subsequent years
Minimum Qualification requirements: Three qualifications which must include English and Maths at National 4 Level or above
Additional information in relation to Modern Apprentice SVQ element of the programmes please refer to Skills Development Scotland www.skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk, click Modern Apprentice then click particular SVQ of interest i.e. Carpentry and Joinery
Further information on the Modern Apprenticeship Programme please contact Julie Lambie, Learning & Development Facilitator (Early Careers) 0141 777 3085 or email email@example.com
Closing Date Sunday 23rd June 2019
Interviews will be conducted in early July 2019 with successful candidates commencing their Modern Apprenticeships in August 2019.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.
The following criteria applies to all roles within East Dunbartonshire Council where PVG/Disclosure checks are essential criteria
Where the post you are applying for is considered Regulated Work under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007, successful candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to confirmation of employment being made by East Dunbartonshire Council.
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to meet the cost of the relevant check which will be deducted from the successful candidate’s first salary payment.
In specific circumstances the payment could be deducted in instalments from an employee’s wages following commencement of employment. Approval in such circumstances will be made by HR Services Lead.
Should an employee leave in advance of the payment being deducted, the full amount will be deducted from the employee’s final salary.
The criteria outlined above will apply to existing employees of East Dunbartonshire Council who apply for roles for which a PVG/Disclosure check is required.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk