- Sector: Construction, Trades and Property
- Specialism: Land Planning and Management
- Location: Newtown Saint Boswells
- £28,960 to £31,570 per annum, Grade 8A
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SBO03306
Hourly Rate: £15.8690 - £17.2990
Salary: £28,960.89 - £31,570.64 per annum
Contract Duration: Permanent
Proposed Interview Date - 25 July 2019Role Purpose
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy local authority practice with a varied work schedule. There is a programme of work related to school buildings & office accommodation across the Council’s estate that will form a significant part of the practice’s work in the coming years. Enthusiastic candidates who are self-motivated & capable of working to tight deadlines are invited to submit an application.
To act as an Architectural Technologist within the Architects’ Team of Assets & Infrastructure and deliver with the support of the Architectural Manager an Architectural service to all Departments of the Council and other public bodies. This Architectural Service encompasses advice to Client Departments on property related issues, providing design and technical solutions to Client Departments’ briefs, and the procurement and management of a wide range of construction projects.Essential
HNC / HND in Building Technology or equivalent
A current driving licence and use of a vehicle is an essential requirement of this post.
* If you have a disability which precludes you from holding a drivers licence, Scottish Borders Council will take into account its responsibility to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Should it be possible to make such an adjustment in order that you can undertake the travel responsibilities of the post, this will be taken into account in consideration for this role.Informal Enquiries
Informal Enquiries to Ray Cherry Tel 01835825187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.