- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 10294
We're looking for conscientious and motivated Depot Assistants to join our team in Caledonia, Glasgow.
Joining us at an exciting time, you'll be tasked with supporting the depot management team with routine operational and engineering activities. You'll always put safety first and help to make FirstBus a great place to work.
Skills & experience
We're looking for an experienced administrator/assistant with experience working in a depot or warehouse environment. You will be flexible, hardworking and willing to learn, for this role it is essential that you are computer literate and any prior use of ERP/MRP systems would be beneficial.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Support the depot management team to maintain accurate records for all aspects of operational and engineering standards and performance
- Prepare information to support disciplinary, grievance or absent management reviews
- Prepare reports by collating, analysing and summarising information
- Support the depot team to ensure all equipment is logged and maintained and that sufficient levels of stock are available
- Ensure items of lost property are logged in Tracerit and coordinate the returns of items to customers
- Accurately capturing and recording employee hours and attendance including, inputting, checking and collating information for the DAS GUI system, time sheets and clock cards
- Dealing with telephone queries and covering the front desk when required
We want to reward our staff so we will offer you:
Great training, benefits and opportunities to grow your career. Here, the pace is fast and you'll get stuck into all kinds of different challenges. Looking for a career packed full of variety? Excited by the challenge? Then start a new journey and apply. The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise we have in our team. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
Once you've completed your probation period, you'll enjoy fantastic benefits:
- Free travel - On our buses
- Discounted travel for you and your family on the trains (GWR, TPE, Hull Trains) and your family & friends will also benefit from cheap bus travel. For £6 per day you can take the train all the way to London and back!
- First Xclusives - Discounts on First UK rail and bus and over 3,000 offers on goods and services for you, your family and friends
- Share in our success – Buy discounted shares in First
- Pension – You'll automatically join our scheme and start building a pension pot
- Free life assurance – For all members of our pension scheme
FirstBus is part of FirstGroup, the leading transport operator in the UK and North America. Keeping people moving and communities prospering in an increasingly congested world, we help around 2 billion customers every year to get to where they want to go. Over 100,000 of us work together in all kinds of roles to provide safe and reliable bus, rail and tram services for millions of people. It's a big challenge. But it's one we love.