- Contact: Teresa de Billot
- Reference: PW062019
*NEW CLOSING DATE (8TH JULY 2019) AND POSSIBILITY OF FULL TIME OR JOB SHARE*
Lochaber Hope seeks to employ a Project Worker (Maternity Cover) who will be responsible to the Project Manager and will support the running and development of Lochaber Hope. The job will be based in Fort William and may involve occasional evening and week-end working. This post is to provide maternity cover of up to 12 months.
A suitable candidate will be enthusiastic, an excellent listener, resourceful and have a genuine interest in working with people. They will establish relationships and work with people in groups and 1:1.
Working within a small team, the successful candidate will be expected to have a flexible, proactive and ‘can-do’ attitude, and to be able to use their own initiative. Adoption of a non-judgemental approach will be essential. Confidentiality, and setting and maintaining boundaries are also essential to this post, as is championing and maintaining the positive image of Lochaber Hope. They will be innovative, imaginative, creative and passionate about their part in taking the Lochaber Hope vision and turning it into reality.
The Project Worker’s duties will include :
- Engaging with and supporting a complement of volunteers who will be involved in these groups and events.
- Administrative support and being the first point of contact with visitors and callers, ensuring they are welcomed and attended to in a friendly, professional, discrete and caring manner
- Building networks and relationships with existing, and establish new, contacts, partner agencies and stakeholders.
Lochaber Hope has a small and close-knit team and any new member of staff will also be expected to be flexible and undertake any other duties appropriate to the post which are required for the efficient functioning of the organisation.
- Good administrative experience
- Experience of working within a charity
- Experience of working with volunteers
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Good basic education
- Training in listening skills, empathy or similar
- Business or administrative qualifications/training
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent IT skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to handle sensitive issues in a discreet and confidential manner
- An ability to work as part of a supporting team as well as being able to use own initiative
- The ability to work closely with colleagues to support and encourage team members positively and effectively
- The ability to take responsibility for specific project work and monitor its impact on beneficiaries.
- Cheerful and positive
- Shares the Lochaber Hope ethos
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, adaptability
- A ‘people person’, willing to go the extra mile
- A desire to develop a career in the third sector, specifically in the area of health and wellbeing, personal development and working with vulnerable people
- Eligible to work in the UK/EU
- Enhanced Disclosure Scotland status
- Driving license and access to car
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of set hours
Applicants should forward a CV with covering letter no later than the closing date of Monday 8th July.