- Location: Glasgow
- £28,276 to £33,130.40 per annum, SR5 Grade 6
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: GLA05147
Glasgow Life is the charity responsible for inspiring Glasgow’s citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning. We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow.
As a Sports Development Officer (CCV) you will have responsibility for the development of Community Sports Hubs (CSH) within a geographic area of Glasgow as part of the Club, Coach and Volunteer team and be responsible for delivering against the outcomes and objectives within Glasgow’s ‘Community Sports Hubs Changing Lives Through Active Communities’ plan.
You will also be responsible for working across a number of areas which aim to support and develop sustainable sports organisations.
• Developing a strong, healthy and sustainable club structure
• Developing and recruiting community volunteers and leaders
• Developing Community Sports Hubs
• Supporting the delivery of sport and physical activity projects
• Working with strategic and community partners
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• Degree in relevant subject and / or extensive experience in a relevant community sport field.
• Previous experience in sport or community development
• Experience of working with sports clubs either in a voluntary or professional capacity
• Experience of working in Community Sport and a clear understanding of the Community Sport Hubs initiative
• Experience of community engagement with positive outcomes.
• Experience of leading people and projects to achieve impact.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of partners
• Experience of partnership working in sport.
• Ability to manage a number of simultaneous tasks by planning, prioritising and monitoring workload to meet deadlines
• Ability to influence others
• Innovative to meet the demand of local and national priorities related to sport
• Experience of monitoring and reporting procedures
• Strong IT and report writing skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Friendly outgoing personality
• Flexible / adaptable approach
• Strong team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
Following the success of Glasgow European Championships in 2018, Glasgow Life will welcome a host of world class events in the coming years including; LEN European Short Course Swimming Championships 2019, World Men’s Curling Championship 2020 and UEFA Euro 2020. This is in addition to the wealth of events on offer throughout the year, with the annual programme including the World Pipe Band Championships, Glasgow Mela, HSBC Let’s Ride and the Merchant City Festival amongst many others.
We offer a range of employee benefits such as an opportunity to join the Strathclyde Pension Fund, generous holiday entitlement, annual leave purchase scheme, childcare vouchers, staff discounts (including Glasgow Club), flexible retirement, family friendly policies, flu vaccination programme and career break policy…just to name a few!
At Glasgow Life we value diversity and inclusion. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from BAME groups who are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Membership of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme will be essential on taking up appointment. Please note successful candidates for the above position will be required to pay for their PVG Membership/or Scheme Checks.
This post is temporary for a period up to 4 years.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/work-with-us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.