- Sector: Social Services, Housing and Childcare
- Specialism: Adult Care, Adult Social Work, Child Care
- Location: Glasgow
- £16,767.90 to £16,926.70 per annum, N/A
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: GLA05138
Jobs & Business Glasgow (JBG) are here to support the residents of Glasgow to take part in training courses, assist them in securing employment via help with CVs, job searches, application and to regain their confidence that their future can be positive.
JBG also helps to positively transform Glasgow through economic growth, with a focus on business through assisting with both the creation of start-up organisations and the growth of organisations. Other business activities include Rising Stars Childcare, the second largest provider of childcare in Glasgow, and the commercial property management of rental premises across the City.
We are currently recruiting for 3 full-time Childcare Workers across our Rising Stars locations. The Childcare Workers will work as part of an Early Years childcare team to offer children a safe, secure, caring and supportive environment, providing opportunities to foster their growth and development within the nursery and to deliver a high standard of childcare and education.
The postholders will be required to:
• To work within our Early Years Team, supporting the planning and implementation of activities with individual or groups of children; promoting effective teaching and learning.
• Participate in the provision of planned and unplanned learning experiences utilising the following documentation: Pre Birth to Three, Curriculum for Excellence and Building the Ambition.
• To use professional knowledge of the individual and diverse ways that children learn and develop, to meet their differing needs.
• To establish positive and sensitive relationships with children and to act as a role model and set achievable expectations.
• To be responsible for organising the environment inside and outside to ensure that resources and equipment are available and appropriate to meet the needs of the individual children in the group. These activities will take into account children’s abilities, interests, language and cultural backgrounds.
• To provide support for the children’s emotional and social needs by implementing the principles of the nursery by promoting the Distressed Behaviour Policy and role modelling high standards in all aspects of their role.
• To be part of our Early Years Team that provides a purposeful, stimulating environment rich in learning opportunities, both indoors and outdoors.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate:
• A relevant qualification (i.e. an HNC Childcare and Education or equivalent) and be willing to undertake any training and development, where required.
• Knowledge of the relevant legislation for childcare services.
• Knowledge of the standards set by the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
• Experience of working in a pre-5 environment
Successful candidates will need to complete an application for membership to the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme (Children), as well as complete registration to join the Scottish Social Services Council.
Details on the locations of Rising Stars nurseries can be found here: http://www.jbg.org.uk/childcare/
For further information regarding these roles, please contact Pamela Freed, Strategic Operations Manager, on 0141 274 3174.
Please note interviews for this post will take place on Friday 28 June 2019.
This post is a Re-advertisement, previous applicants should re-apply.Application Packs
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054. Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request. Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.Further Information
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk