- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 377534
About the role
Tesco Maintenance are currently looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Mechanical Maintenance Manager based in the Scotland area. At Tesco, our stores and offices couldn’t function without the support of our Maintenance Team. A Mechanical Maintenance Manager is an integral part of this team, leading a team to deliver exceptional service to customer across the wider business. Working collaboratively with Maintenance Managers, the Mechanical Maintenance Manager helps ensures the business is able to continue to deliver its promise of serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- Delivering great standards across the estate including KPI's and equipment availability.
- Leading a team of technically skilled engineers across all levels.
- Building effective relationships and communication across all functions, and with key stakeholders.
- Attend local and national meetings.
- Delivering change across business areas to consistently deliver performance and improve productivity.
- Delivering great results with year on year improvement, safe and legal compliance.
- Driving problem solving, identifying key issues and developing effective solutions.
- Managing contractor’s performance on site to ensure first fix.
- Managing the workload and capacity of team meetings.
- Managing the workload and capacity of the team in conjunction with the National Operating Centre.
- Forecasting and managing budgets effectively, always being cost conscious.
- Manage overtime and standby planning, approvals and administration tasks.
- Follow Business Code of Conduct, always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Collaborating with the rest of the business to ensure solutions are truly co-developed and owned at a local level.
- Developing and leading a high performing team, giving them the opportunities to be their best.
- People Management including:1 - 1's, team meetings, end of year reviews, training and performance management.
- Being a custodian of Health and Safety.
- First tier escalation management.
- Supporting technical solutions, dilapidation and capital expenditure planning.
You will need
- Time served for relevant discipline
- Commercial and business acumen
- Full UK driving licence
- Health & Safety qualification IOSSH
- Communication and stakeholder management
- Maintenance based management system - Verisae / My Property
- Capacity planning and resource management
- Leadership and people management experience
- Delivering service and quality to agreed KPIs
Ideal additional skills include:
- Management of remote teams
- Leadership and people management experience
- Setting priorities
- Problem solving
- Experience of running a fast moving field based maintenance team
- Professional accreditation
- Ability to build and manage budgets
- Change management experience
At Tesco Maintenance, it’s our people that make us one of the leading retail maintenance providers in the UK. We operate in over 3,500 Tesco and One Stop stores, distribution centres, Tesco banks and head offices, to deliver first class maintenance and engineering solutions and support.
With our comprehensive induction and our technical competency plan, we invest in training for our field colleagues to have the right level of skills and expertise for each role to work safely and provide first-rate asset management across our estate. We create a culture where every colleague is competent, motivated and professional, maximising the level of support we offer to Tesco stores.
From multi-skilled, to technically-savvy technicians, we’ve got it covered. Our Operations and Maintenance Managers span the entirety of the UK; technically-minded individuals who support our field engineers to get the job done. Our Engineering team work to introduce a broad spectrum of award-winning new technological initiatives; from compliance testing to refrigeration, security to sustainability.
Everything we do in Tesco Maintenance is focused on supporting continuous improvement to the overall shopping experience for our customers.
What’s in it for you
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps make Tesco Maintenance a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to…
- A Colleague Clubcard, giving you 10% discount on your Tesco shopping throughout the year, both in-store and on-line.
- Eligibility for the annual colleague bonus plan.
- Access to our competitive pension scheme and life assurance policy.
- Uniform and personal protection equipment along with the right tools to ensure comfort and safety in the working environment.
- Regular exposure to Tesco deals, discounts and offers.
- A smarter working environment, friendly colleague atmosphere and subsidized onsite canteen.
- Training and career development opportunities within Maintenance and the wider business, as well as support from a large regional team and in house technical specialists.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays in lieu if worked), increasing with length of service.
- Company car allowance.
- Long service awards starting after 15 years.