Social Worker, Pullar House, Perth (PKC05688)

Perth & Kinross Council

  • Contact: Please see description
  • Reference: PKC05688

Job Description

Social Worker (Fixed Term until 31 March 2022) - PKC05688
£35,945 - £39,305
Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street, Perth

Perth & Kinross Council aims to work with the residents of the Perth & Kinross area to provide independent living across all communities.

A vacancy has arisen for a Social Worker in the Perth City Locality Health and Social Care team, 36 hrs per week. This team manages long term, complex cases within the Perth City locality, and supports adults aged 16+ across all client groups requiring social work interventions, supports and services.

This is an excellent opportunity to join a well established, highly skilled and stable team, with excellent training, supervision and development opportunities provided. Benefits also include flexible working scheme, modern working practices, generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme.

There is a wide variety of client groups within this geographical area, and as a generic locality team, links across all health and social care disciplines exist to promote strategic multi disciplinary approaches in supporting our clients in a person centred, holistic, whole family approach. Interesting and diverse practice opportunities for front line staff are provided via long term complex casework across all adult client groups within the Perth City area.

As the successful applicant, you will assist in maintaining vulnerable people in the community by providing a range of social work and care management tasks. These include carrying out Outcome Focused Assessments, the negotiation of flexible packages of care, and the monitoring and reviewing of individual care packages delivered via SDS (Self Directed Support). Responsibilities will also include statutory work under the Adults with Incapacity Act and the Adult Support and Protection Act.

For further information on this post, please contact Laura Carse on 01738 476347.

When completing your application for this post, please ensure you provide contact details (including e-mail addresses) for two referees. One should be your current or most recent employer.

Please APPLY ONLINE. Facilities are available at all public libraries in Perth and Kinross. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments, please call 01738 475555 to discuss.

The Individual

As the ideal candidate, you will be motivated and engaging, and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Your effective time management is essential for a successful autonomous worker to manage a complex caseload, and you will have the ability to be flexible and respond to crisis / competing demands, as this is integral to the role. You will have good understanding of SDS and how this is delivered, as it is essential in this post. Having the ability to integrate and cultivate successful links within the team and across services is highly desirable. Knowledge of services, challenges, demands, and demographics within PKC would be an advantage.

You must have experience of assessment of Social and Personal Care needs.
You must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of social work principles and values.
You will have experience of Adult Support and Protection Procedures and all relevant legislation.
You must have a DIPSW, CQSW, CSS and relevant Social Work Qualifications.
You will have a current registration with SSSC and be eligible to register with PVG scheme.

As part of our safer recruitment measures, Perth & Kinross Council carries out rigorous checks on the right to work in the UK, qualifications, employment history, including references, and fitness to undertake the post.

Some jobs may have been traditionally carried out predominately by one gender, but we would encourage you to apply if you meet the requirements, irrespective of your gender.

Perth & Kinross Council welcomes applications from former armed forces personnel/reservists. Many of the skills picked up during your military career could be transferred directly into a role with local government.

Find out more about working for Perth & Kinross Council and living in one of the most scenic areas of Scotland here.

Applications must be made online at

See more jobs like these