- Sector: Charity
- Location: Fort William
- £25,000 to £27,500 per annum, 30 days annual leave & Contributory Staff Pension
- Hours: Full Time Permanent
- Contact: Neil MacDonald (Administrator)
- Reference: VAL 03/19
Are you passionate about the difference the Third Sector makes in Lochaber? An exciting opportunity has arisen within the team at Voluntary Action Lochaber for an energetic and highly motivated Community Development Officer to deliver a capacity building, development support service to new and existing Third Sector organisations.
The Development Officer will be responsible for delivering a wide range of services to support voluntary organisations within the Lochaber area and includes:
- Support and guidance for existing and emerging community and voluntary groups i.e constitutions, good governance.
- Identifying funding opportunities and support and guidance with funding applications
- Supporting member groups to represent themselves to other agencies.
- Assist communities to identify need and look at solutions for meeting that need.
- Maintain contact with voluntary groups and community networks and respond to specific requests for support.
- Representing and promoting and supporting the Third Sector locally to engage in the Community Planning processes
- Undertake any relevant training required and maintain up to date knowledge of best practice in voluntary and community development.
- Engage in the monitoring and evaluation procedures as required
- Work actively to achieve the targets in HTSI agreed Work Plan, and VAL Business Plan.
- Dissemination of information as appropriate.
- Attend a range of partnership meetings.
Skills and Experience
The post holder should have the following skills and experience:
- The ability to identify barriers to success and possible ways of overcoming difficulties.
- Relevant experience demonstrating an ability to engage with volunteers and staff in the Third Sector and Public Sector
- Ability and track record of establishing and maintaining effective, informal networking and multi-agency working
- An understanding of the Third Sector and the environment in which it operates
- Be results/outcome driven, have the ability and experience to plan work, set targets, monitor progress and evidence impacts.
- Be able to work well as part of a team
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Good IT skills i.e. knowledge of Microsoft applications, able to use online databases and produce reports
- Hold a valid driving licence and have use of a car. (Mileage allowance paid)
Please note that we do not accept CV's
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 5th July 2019.
If you wish to discuss this post informally please contact:
Flora McKee (VAL Manager)
Tel: 01397 706044
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.