- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: 301374
London or East Grinstead
£Negotiable + bens
Following 4 years of continued success and growth in Capita's Environment team, we are expanding our teams across all levels to support our delivery of a variety of projects in the Environment, Rail, and Highways divisions. Our key clients include Highways England, Network Rail and the Environment Agency along with other leading national and international infrastructure providers.
The Capita Infrastructure Division delivers projects in the UK and across the globe. We have successfully delivered many high-profile projects including the award-winning A556 Improvement scheme, the Dalmuir Wastewater Treatment Works in Scotland and the £400M Shatin-Central Link Cross-Harbour Tunnels in Hong Kong.
Our Business is spread across 12 offices in England and Wales. Our people work in a collaborative way across the country thus offering a broad range of opportunities and creating the optimal conditions for amazing career progressions for all staff.
We are currently working in collaboration with the Environment Agency to deliver a major flood storage dam and employed as part of a consortium delivering design and environmental services on HS2 Phase 2.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of our expansion process and to help Capita maintain and grow our position as a leading supplier of engineering and environmental services.
The Role & Responsibilities
With Capita, you will contribute to delivering a portfolio of projects for a multitude of large private and public sector clients across the UK. Projects will include a variety of multidisciplinary, environmental impact and strategic assessments within rail and railways infrastructure, fluvial and coastal flooding, commercial property and frameworks for local and regional development. You will apply your newly acquired skills to assist with the delivery of these projects.
You will learn about our business, our values, your team and most importantly, yourself. You will develop your decision making, communication, technical and critical leadership skills, have access to personal mentoring, and participate in a variety of developmental activities. You will gain invaluable on the job experience and create networks that will last a lifetime. You will also be supported as you progress towards chartered status in your chosen discipline.
- Ground investigation design and implementation;
- Geoenvironmental calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project; documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice;
- Overseeing and participating in the resolution of technical issues;
- Complying with relevant Health and Safety regulations and company practice promoting a culture of safety within the team;
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design;
- Providing technical input to projects and technical advice to project team members;
- Planning investigation, design, construction and post construction monitoring of geoenvironmental aspects of projects;
- Liaising with contractors and clients, both external and internal; and
- Project management skills and GIS skills whilst not necessary would be an advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for enthusiastic graduates with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn in a leading environmental consultancy.
To join our Ground Engineering team you will be highly numerate, have excellent communication skills, enjoy working in a collaborative environment and the ability to apply your skills whilst working with a diverse range of clients and projects. Above all, you will have:
- A track record in a consultancy operating in the geoenvironmental field;
- Knowledge / experience of ground risk assessment process;
- Knowledge of UK environmental legislation and guidance and application of geo -statistics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- A keen eye for detail and an analytical approach;
- Proficient in Microsoft office; and
- A professional manner.
As the successful candidate, you will hold a BSc/MSc in a related Environmental Science field or Engineering Geology/Geotechnical Engineering Field and be a member of a relevant institution. You will be expected to travel to visit clients/sites etc and therefore a valid UK driving licence is highly desirable. The senior role will require a candidate who is a Chartered Engineer/Geologist/Environmentalist.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development are not optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also provide a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next: Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Become a Change Maker