- Sector: Hospitality, Catering and Tourism
- Specialism: Head Chefs and Sous Chefs
- Location: Glasgow
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Human Resources
- Reference: HOT06C8Z
A city landmark, Hilton Glasgow 's central location is just 20 minutes from Glasgow International Airport. We offer stunning views from our guest rooms, seasonal dishes at Morblas Seafood and Grill, and Whisky cocktails in the atmospheric Whisky Mist bar. For our business Guests, the hotel offers meeting & event spaces for up to 1,000 delegates. Our LivingWell Health Club gives our Members & Guests the perfect escape to unwind in the sauna, steam room, indoor pool and gym.
What will I be doing?
We require a Sous Chef to lead the team into the launch of our new concept Restuarant and busy bar, within the iconic Glasgow Hilton. The Sous Chef will work closely with our well known and renowed Executive Chef, James Murphy to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience and make a success of our exciting new venture.
You will have great organisational skills, will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen that services the new restaurant and bar including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for producing high quality food
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Check Out Similar Jobs