Senior Analyst for Payroll & Compliance will assume responsibility for co-ordinating and delivering the day to day processes that will ensure smooth running of the Payroll function within Hilton's UK Centre of Excellence. Under the direction of the Senior Manager Payroll & Compliance supporting the delivery of the function strategy and goals surrounding c.12k employees and c. 25+ PAYE references.
You will have the payroll and compliance knowledge that will help during a particularly busy period. You should be confident in your payroll knowledge and understanding the payroll end-to-end requirements.
You will have excellent UK statutory payroll legislation knowledge, in all payroll processes, such as Employment Allowance, App Levy requirements, SSP, SMP, SAP, P45s, P60s, EYUs, and future legislation considerations for our business. You will have UK Payroll processing experience, from input and calculation stage to post-payroll tasks, including payroll reconciliations, General ledger journal posting, balance sheet reconciliations and 3rd party payment processes.
Pension uploads and reporting experience will be highly advantageous as well as Pension auto enrolment legislation knowledge and understanding, including restaging process, assessment process and compliance requirements.
Experience with TUPE transfers and adding new business units to payroll processes and working with new business owners on payroll requirements is also highly advantageous. Knowledge of payroll BACS process, recalling pay, checking BACS reports , and processing errors is essential. Excellent customer service skills, including interpreting payroll requirements and resolving payroll queries for our stakeholders. Experience of managing/or being involved in payroll vendor management , such as attending calls with vendors, reviewing issues logs, raising change controls for new payroll requirements. Benefit in Kind reporting would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided.
What else will I be doing?
• Following direction and guidance from management, carrying out and co-ordinating all required Payroll and Compliance related tasks. Completing in a timely and efficient manner whilst working toward the successful achievement of goals and KPIs.
• Where continuous issues arise with a process, propose potential solutions to Management and implement, upon agreement
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end processes in all areas of Payroll and Compliance responsibility, supporting the confident delivery of solutions and responses to questions and queries.
• Set up and attend team meetings / huddles, etc. pertinent to work assignments and other business related activities as required.
• Co-ordinate all day to day activities ensuring the successful and timely delivery of all Payroll, pensions and BIK activities.
• Deliver the relevant metrics to support the team activities and drive improvement across the business.
• Support the Senior Manager in the production of relevant and timely Management Information.
• Provide guidance and support to the business on operating best practice.
• Coordinate with 3rd party service providers (outsourcing provider, auditors, valuation specialists, financial printer and software vendors) to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved.
• Support the Senior Manager in evaluating the effectiveness of current processes and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency.
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required collection cycles are maintained.
• Ensure all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting are carried out per guidelines and deadlines.
• Deliver the balance sheet reconciliation processes, ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Process Payroll policy and procedures updates and communicate changes to relevant Team Members, Management and locations.
• Provide UK tax regulations, statutory requirements and internal control guidance to staff and work directly with tax department for reporting submission.
• Serve as Payroll and Compliance liaison for hotels and other corporate functions in relation to all PayrollCompliance activities.
• Carry out all Payroll & complainceand pensions processes and validation activities ensuring all PAYE references (Hilton and owners) meet government legislation, including, but not limited to: PAYE, Pensions, Benefits in Kind (BIK) National Minimum Wage, etc.
• Support Manager with 3rd party providers to implement system / process changes as required for legislation updates with a continuous monitoring process in place to track any changes to HTR system parameters.
• Completion of Balance Sheet Reconciliations, resolving reconciling items on a timely basis in line with policy and ensuring any ageing is appropriately explained.
• Complete tasks in compliance with required SOX controls, with peer reviews in place to test controls within the team. Highlight to Manager any potential issues in advance with recommendations for changes to controls where required.
• Research and respond to information requests from internal departments and management.
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it's with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.