- Sector: Engineering and Technical
- Specialism: Transportation
- Location: Newtown Saint Boswells
- £41,279.60 to £43,159.40 per annum, Grade 10A
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: SBO03317
Hourly Rate: £22.6190 - £23.6490
Salary: £41,279.63 - £43,159.38 per annum
Contract Duration: Permanent
We are seeking to fill the position of Commercial Manager within the commercial service of Roads and Infrastructure, formerly SBC contracts. A critical role within the service, requiring a commercially capable leader and teamworker to maintain existing commercial activity whilst also working strategically to identify and secure new commercial opportunities, monitoring and reporting performance against financial targets and forecasts. Responsibilities will also include the development of the commercial strategy including business planning, working collaboratively with internal stakeholders which includes procurement and finance, design and project teams as well as external clients.Essential
Educated to degree level or SVQ Level 4 in a relevant discipline, or evidence of comparable experience and training.
Associate Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, or must be obtained within agreed timescale on appointment.
A current driving licence and use of a vehicle is an essential requirement of this post.
* If you have a disability which precludes you from holding a drivers licence, Scottish Borders Council will take into account its responsibility to make reasonable adjustments to allow for your disability. Should it be possible to make such an adjustment in order that you can undertake the travel responsibilities of the post, this will be taken into account in consideration for this role.
Scottish Borders Council is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010. In particular from candidates who assess themselves as having a disability, under the Disability Confident Employer scheme this guarantees an interview to those individuals who meet the essential criteria of the post. All appointments will be made on merit.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk