- Location: Aberdeen
- £32,000 to £40,026 per annum, Unpromoted Lecturer
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: Please see description
- Reference: NES00231
Lecturer in Science (Physics and Maths) (Ref. No. L540)
Full-Time/Permanent/Aberdeen City Campus
Salary: £32,000.00 – 40,026.00 per annum
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic person with a passion for teaching who is keen to pass on their knowledge to our Science students. The curriculum covers National Certificate Level 5 through to HND level and teaching duties will be across this range on each of the disciplines of physics and maths.
The ideal candidate should be qualified to degree (or equivalent) level in physics and have suitable and up to date vocational experience.
Excellent communication and people skills are key aspects of the role, along with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with students and colleagues. Teaching experience is not essential but the successful candidate will have the opportunity to study for a teaching qualification.
While the position is primarily based at our Aberdeen City Campus, it is expected that teaching at other sites may also be required.
The closing date for applications is 28th June 2019
(criteria marked * are desirable, all others are essential)
1. Working knowledge of physics
2. Good communication skills
3. Good presentation skills
4. Good people skills
5. Good organisational skills
6. Ability to develop and use appropriate learning/teaching/training materials
7. Computer literate
8. * Knowledge and/or experience of the use of electronic learning materials
1. Degree or equivalent qualification
2. Up to date Science experience to include laboratory practice
3. * Teaching or training experience
4. * Teaching qualification (TQFE or equivalent)
5. * Assessment experience
6. * Assessment qualification
7. * ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
8. * GTC registration
1. Effective team player who actively assists others
2. Builds and maintains effective relationships with students and colleagues
3. Prioritises work effectively
4. Meets deadlines
5. Personally well-organised
1. Dedicated to College values and equal opportunities
2. Own practice reflects good health and safety practice
3. Has undertaken mandatory staff development (if internal candidate)
4. Evidence of continuing professional development
5. *Driving Licence and willingness to use own vehicle for business purposes.
Applications must be made online at myjobscotland.gov.uk