- Sector: Agriculture, Fishing and Forestry
- Location: Fort William
- £100 per week accommodation allowance
- Hours: Full Time Temporary
- Contact: Rory Stewart
We are looking to take on 2 full time Trainee Volunteer Rangers for a 10-week training and work experience programme. These positions will provide motivated individuals practical, hands-on experience of conservation work and habitat management. There will also be opportunities to work alongside conservation professionals from our partners such as Forestry and Land Scotland, the John Muir Trust and other locally based conservation organisations.
Specific training will be provided including Outdoor Emergency First Aid and mountain awareness as well as relevant workshops and training which will be determined during the programme. Trainee Volunteer Rangers will be also able to participate in a range of community engagement and training events run by Nevis Landscape Partnership and Friends of Nevis.
Mainly working outside on our footpath, conservation and maintenance projects, Trainee Volunteer Rangers will gain valuable experience in areas such as footpath maintenance and construction, woodland regeneration, habitat management, species monitoring, routine maintenance of the area and partnership assets. Experience will also be gained assisting community engagement events with our partner, Friends of Nevis.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th July 2019. 5pm
Interview date: Wednesday 31st July 2019
- An interest and commitment to the conservation of wild places and wildlife and interest in community engagement
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, showing a willingness to work with a wide range of people, to encourage and raise awareness of our environment and be ambassadors for NLP
- Willingness/experience of working as a team: Also showing initiative to work independently and input ideas to the projects
- A level of fitness and willingness to work in the mountain outdoor environment, including in inclement weather, is essential. Knowledge and personal experience of the mountain environment is desirable however associated training and experience will be provided.
- Dedicated and hard-working individuals who are willing to commit to this 10-week programme and support the partnership in delivering our aims.
- Ability to work flexible hours such as weekends and occasional evenings as required.
- Understanding of IT skills including Word, Excel, e mail, internet, PowerPoint, image handling desirable
- A full Driving Licence is desirable.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.