- Contact: SSE Plc
Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
The Energy Management Centre is a state of the art technical helpdesk providing remote technical assistance, alarm management and energy management services, providing technical analysis, advice and solutions to improve performance and help customers achieve their environmental goals and reduce energy consumption costs. The role is a progressive role with further opportunities for self-development
Key Accountabilities associated with this role include:
- Responding to technical support requests for our large customer base across the UK, ensuring requests are logged accurately in the SSE service management system providing detailed technical analysis of findings.
- The EMC has a large infrastructure of customer connections, you will monitor the health of connections and infrastructure, resolving issues as they occur. Ensuring services are provided to customers in a timely manner and minimising disruption
- On receipt of alarms, connect into site and complete an investigation into the cause of the alarm within agreed SLAs. Where possible take corrective actions and/or triage as per customised alarm management procedures
- Connecting into customers control system and reviewing the operation and control of the BMS system and connected plant, assessing for areas impacting on the energy performance. Ensure anomalies are recorded, where possible take corrective actions and/or detail in the report for site intervention.
- Adding new sites, customising and configuring into the EMC using remote technology software, ensuring connections follow the EMC cyber security standards.
- Training is a key aspect of the role as the EMC is continually looking for technical advances that will enhance the service provided to our customers. Product training and control system application training will be provided.
- Carrying out the testing of HVAC plant ensuring that it is operational prior to the heating and cooling seasons. Results to be logged, detailing any corrective actions taken or triaged events for site intervention.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this role must be IT literate and have experience of MS applications i.e excel and word, along with excellent communication skills (listening, speaking and writing). You will be qualified to at least HNC (or equivalent) level in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and possess previous experience of working in a technical helpdesk role using Building Energy Management Systems for analysis. You should possess a good knowledge of the HVAC control industry and be well versed in control theories and methodologies. An understanding of HVAC plant, wet and dry, applications and operations as well as an awareness of the impact of HVAC plant and its use on the energy performance of a building, would be highly advantageous. Previous experience in a similar role within building services maintenance in commercial buildings would be desirable.
As an individual you'll display good time management skills and an ability to prioritise workload. In addition, you will be able to work as part of a team and/or on your own initiative. You'll possess solid troubleshooting/problem solving/analytical skills and will be flexible and adaptable in your approach to your work.
You'll have a high motivation to succeed to progress and develop in your chosen career as well as a strong work ethic, presenting a professional manner at all times. Always on the lookout for new efficiencies and improvement, you'll embrace change and be open to new ways of working and technologies. Finally, you'll display excellent customer service skills and the ability to strike up relationships with customers will come naturally.
SSE Enterprise Energy Solutions, our energy optimisation division - helps businesses achieve reductions in their buildings' energy consumption through the design, maintenance and optimisation of their Building Energy Management Systems.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 26th July 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.