Salary: Circa £70,000 plus benefits
Location: Reading, Perth or Edinburgh
Permanent Full Time Hours with flexible working patterns available
This is a key role working within a specialist team providing expert advice and guidance into Group wide system development projects, particularly Oracle PBCS application, impacting the Finance organisation working closely with cross functional teams from inception through to delivery. The incumbent will ideally have 3 years PQE together with a track record of successful Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS System implementations, in particular application development.
The role will play an active part of the team across analysis, design and development, testing and training and then into implementation and business as usual. Working across multiple business functions they will act as a Finance expert in support of SMEs from across the Group and in communicating change back to the Finance teams and Group Finance function. They will play a "hands on" role in the design and development of new finance systems. Post-implementation they will be expected to take on responsibility for the day-to-day financial management and support of new and existing systems and processes together with further development as requirements emerge.
Your Skills and Experience
- Lead development of PBCS for SSE
- Manage and coordinate functional design activities on key Finance related projects
- Manage and guide Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) seconded to projects by managing, planning and coordinating their activities to ensure consistent approach and successful project delivery to time and budget
- Ensure consistent Group policies, procedures, and standards are adopted within project solutions
- Assist the Finance Systems Development Manager, by representing Finance on a day to day basis on key projects engaging with all levels of Management hierarchy
- Facilitate cross functional workshops to drive solution and functional design specifications
- Work closely with business representatives, project management and IT technical specialists to ensure project deliverables are completed to plan
- Qualified Accountant would be an advantage with considerable experience with system design, delivery and development, particularly Oracle (Hyperion) Planning and PBCS applications
- Significant experience of Financial Reporting and leading practice Planning and Budgeting techniques
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework
- Experience of analysing and mapping complex processes
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional workshop environment
- Ability to understand complex technical issues and communicate them in simple terms
Essential Functional/Technical Skills
- Full understanding of Oracle (Hyperion) Planning / PBCS development techniques and best practice SQL coding procedures
- Expert level knowledge in the use of MS Office suite, particularly PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Understanding of process analysis techniques and proficient in creating detailed process maps and associated work instructions
- Ability to work with all levels of the Organisation
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- At least 5 years' experience within a Finance or Financial Systems development environment.
- Educated to Degree level.
- CCAB qualified accountant with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
Key Financial Measures (e.g. specify size of capital/revenue budget, staff costs, sales budget etc): Member of project teams responsible for delivering Finance Systems development projects to time and budget. As an example, the next project will be further development of models and functionality in Oracle PBCS for both SSE plc and the separated Retail business.
Key Projects/Activities Managed (Identify impact, effort, cost, time invested): Majority of activity will be managing and influencing SME activities within key Finance programmes and projects. This will involve developing design options and solutions and gaining approval from the relevant Project Design Authority to ensure effective and successful project delivery within time and budget.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Passionate about people and proud of our award-winning customer service, we go to great lengths to extend these values to our employees. This enables our diverse workforce the flexibility and opportunity of developing to their full potential. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application.
Closing date for applications is: 31 July 2019
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, we'll conduct some pre-employment checks. For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch - sse.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.