- Sector: Accountancy, Financial Services and Investment, Insurance
- Location: Glasgow
- £39,900 to £51,000 per annum, bonus
- Hours: Full Time
- Contact: SSE Plc
Job Title: Indirect Tax Specialist
Salary: £39,900 - £51,000 plus bonus + excellent benefits package
Permanent | Full Time | 37 hours per week with flexible working patterns available
This is an experienced professional tax role; therefore, it requires a candidate who is CA / CTA or time-qualified, with very strong tax technical knowledge, and experience of dealing with a range of indirect and environmental taxes. It also provides scope for career development for the right candidate.
The Indirect Tax Specialist will work with the other members of the Indirect Tax Team to ensure that SSE always meets its Indirect Tax obligations, and to provide tax technical support regarding SSE's tax affairs across VAT and other indirect taxes / environmental taxes.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in the tax department of a large organisation, in private practice or HMRC.
- At least 2 years post qualifying indirect tax experience, in industry, private practice or HMRC.
- Ideally knowledgeable of the energy sector, and the indirect and environmental taxes relevant to the sector.
- CA or CTA qualified.
- Ideally trained in a Big 4 tax practice or HMRC, specialising in indirect taxes and currently at minimum of Manager level (or equivalent).
- Significant experience of dealing with HMRC and addressing queries raised by HMRC.
- Significant experience of analysing and interpreting tax legislation and case decisions, and then advising on the tax implications.
- Excellent communication skills, as the role involves negotiating with and dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- First rate time management skills.
- The ability to apply professional judgement and experience when providing advice.
- Strong academic record.
- Ambitious, as the role has great career development opportunities.
We have an excellent benefits package commensurate with this role, including;
- Group Pension Plan
- Share Save and Share Award schemes
- Tailored internal development opportunities
- One day paid volunteering
- Generous holiday allowance, and ability to buy extra days
We would welcome a conversation with any candidates who would like to discuss the opportunity to work differently. For more information about this role, or to discuss any adjustments you require to submit your application please get in touch via sse.
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is: 23 July 2019
This role is open to internal and external applicants. If you are internal please advise your line manager before submitting your application. The successful candidate will be subject to a background checking process.