Salary: £51,100 - £77,300, plus excellent benefits (Dependant on skills and experience)
As a Procurement & Commercial Manager in the Renewables Business you will manage the interface in the execution of Procurement and Commercial services relevant to that business unit. Demonstrating value leadership, customer service and innovation to support the vision in becoming a world class provider of procurement and commercial services and embeds a consistent approach to reduce the total cost of ownership achieving set targets in this regard.
You will work with a team of contract managers charged with ensuring the successful commercial delivery of projects and contracts (both pre and post contract) to achieve the strategic goals of the business whilst complying with Procurement and Commercial policies and procedures whilst achieving or exceeding departmental targets.
You will engage regularly with Category Managers and the Head of Procurement & Commercial Shared Services to ensure the wider function provides a co-ordinated, effective and efficient service to the business.
You will continuously work to strategically improve procedures, standards or policies whilst adhering to regulatory guidelines.
- Act as role model in promoting SHE across the teams, embedding SHE in the Procurement and Commercial processes and proactively monitoring trends to mitigate issues occurring.
- Lead direct / indirect staff in the Procurement and Commercial team dedicated to the Renewables Business and the wider Procurement and Commercial team establishing a culture of people development, providing direction and clarity of objectives.
- Direct, motivate and co-coordinate the entire team to ensure the necessary expertise and support are in place to deliver the vision, objectives and goals.
- Support the leadership team in providing 'best in class service to internal customers including procurement, contracting, supply chain management, commercial and contractual input to development, construction and operational teams within the Renewables Business
- Implement quality standards in contracts. Proactively identify trends that may lead to quality issues and develops strategies to prevent them occurring.
- Ensure the development and execution of Procurement and Commercial strategies which are aligned with category plans, company and business objectives. This includes identifying and implementing supply chain improvement opportunities to support business growth.
- Understand and support the development of strategic relationships with key suppliers and effectively manage key interfaces with points of contact in the Renewables Business and with the wider procurement and commercial team.
- Manage a team responsible for delivery of all contracts, within approved budget authorisations. This includes the administration and compliance with contract terms during design, delivery and construction phases for all projects.
- Manage all post contract commercial matters including negotiating/agreeing compensation events and ensure that the core principles of the Commercial Manual are being implemented. Resolve and co-ordinate resolution for all contractual claims.
Ensure compliance with: -
- policies and procedures as set by the Standards and Assurance team.
- all internal controls (legal, financial, risk, quality etc.) including audit requirements, the Major
Projects Governance Framework Manual and external regulatory requirements including the UK
Utilities Contracts Regulations.
? Build and manage business plans and related budgets for own portfolio of responsibility.
? Support the development of bids / business growth where appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understands the financial aspects and implications of operational requirements and complex capital projects.
- Fully understands the commercial impact of decisions and the implications on procurement process.
- Claims preparation and management experience.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of complex contract structure and documentation.
- Thorough understanding, knowledge and experience of the processes relating to procurement strategy.
- Experience of supplier development techniques and managing the development of supplier relationships.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- High level of numeracy and ability to interpret numerical data.
- High level of competence in drafting and interpreting commercial contracts.
- Extensive experience in delivering procurement and commercial services.
Personal Attributes / Competencies
- Ability to challenge the status quo to deliver change.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills, ability to work to deadlines, dealing with changing priorities whilst managing own time effectively.
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
- Strong people and team performance management capability.
- An ability to secure commitment on actions from all stakeholders.
- Degree educated or equivalent direct entry to recognised appropriate professional body.
- Strategic thinker who can anticipate future challenges and responds accordingly.
- Extensive working knowledge of the relevant conditions of contract.
- IT skills including Word, Excel, Power point, Oracle, Emptoris.
We have an excellent benefits package as part of our offering. Here's a few highlights;
- Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
- Great share plans
- Group Pension Plan
- One day paid volunteering
- Tailored internal development opportunities
Just click the Apply button to submit your application, it doesn't take long.
Closing date for applications is 25th July
Interviews will commence week beginning 5th August
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates. If you're internal, please notify your line manager before you submit your application. If you're successful, well conduct some pre-employment checks.
We can't find any similar jobs at the moment.